WineXpert Is buying a Winexpert kit 'treasonous' to FVW?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Bartman! I hate to resurrect this old thread, but how did the Muller-Thurgau turn out? I started this WE kit just the other day. I've never made a M-T or dealt with elderflowers before. They smell interesting. This kit was my wife's choice after she did some reading.

Do you still have some? Does it age well? Fill me in, man! :D

I could never understand why they offered a man standing before a firing squad a cigarette. Don't they know that "the Surgeon General has determined that cigarettes are harmful to your health?"

I could never understand why they offered a man standing before a firing squad a cigarette. Don't they know that "the Surgeon General has determined that cigarettes are harmful to your health?"

If the bullets don't kill ya, the butt will. ;)

Hey, Bartman! I hate to resurrect this old thread, but how did the Muller-Thurgau turn out? I started this WE kit just the other day. I've never made a M-T or dealt with elderflowers before. They smell interesting. This kit was my wife's choice after she did some reading.

Do you still have some? Does it age well? Fill me in, man! :D

It was pretty good, still got some bottles - about 4. We took most of them to a family reunion in early August, and they were well-liked. I have never before seen a wine advertised to be good with salty food, like potato chips, but I'll be darned if this wine isn't great with salty snacks like chips!

The off-dry hint of sweetness was really good for a summer sipping wine, too. I don't how it will age, but I guess I will find out soon. I don't plan on making it again soon, only because it isn't really the kind of wine we usually drink. But if I wanted to make a slightly sweet german wine, this would be it. I like Gewurtztraminer a little more as a dry white with that strong floral bouquet, but this would be a close second. Much more flavorful than a riesling.

Thanks for the response, Bartman. I'll give a review myself some time later.

A friend made a WE M.T about 2 years ago. I drank a bottle of it just a week ago and it was really nice. Of course after 2 years, it should be.

Back