WineXpert FVW adds Wine Expert

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
I am sharing this because I know many on this forum order from George at Fine vine Wines in Dallas. I am in no way promoting his business over any of the fine advertisers here.

As some know George and WE had a bit of a falling out years ago and he quit carrying WE kits and picked up RJ Spagnols kits. Since WE parent company took over Cellar Craft it seems that FVW now gets to add back all of the WE kits. That's quite a coop given that he now has W.E., C.C., R.J.S. and M.M. kits. Below a quote from part of his email.

[FONT=&quot]"We have had numerous inquiries as why we did not carry Winexpert, the number one selling wine kit in America. Well, ask no more. Starting July 1st, we will be carrying Winexpert wine kits. We will start with the Eclipse and Island Mist kits and will be stocking most of the Winexpert kits, but it will take a month or two to make the necessary space (wine kits take up a lot of room!) In the meantime, we will be taking pre-orders for the limited release ports and Island Mist.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]"

Again I am not promoting anyone's business just sharing information.

I was wondering how long it would be before George and WinExpert buried the hatchet. They both were suffering from the feud. As my Grandfather used to say, "Tutto diventa verde in primavera."

Yep, I'll bet the elimination of the Cellar Craft label is right around the corner.

And for those that can't use Google "Everything turns green in the Spring".

Thank you Tony for the translation. For those who do not grasp the meaning of Italian idioms, a free explanation of the saying is that when you have a quarrel, particularly with someone familiar, after a little time passes, all is forgotten and everything returns to normal.

This is good news. Though I just did a quick compare, and it looks like Brew and Wine Supply's prices are about $10 less for Eclipse kits. Shipping is ~$10 from both places.

Yeah, its nice that George is now carrying them. That said, I have such respect (because I've had such great customer service) for both of the aforementioned retailers that I'll continue to patronize them both.
Also, what Boatboy said.

Yep, I'll bet the elimination of the Cellar Craft label is right around the corner.

I think I read a similar rumor recently. What's up with that? There's so many more awesome Showcase kits I want to try!

It really is good news, as I had been buying the WE kits from the Florida folks b/c George didn't have them. Now I can one stop shop.
Heather

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

What was particularly silly was that, after WE gave George an ultimatum to stop carrying other kit makers' products, WE had only one other retailer in the D/FW area: a home-brew supplier, which had one small 'end-cap' display of wine kits in its shop. The staff knew almost nothing about winemaking, and their customer service was sub-par, to say the least - all they could say was that they would order the kit I wanted and let me know when it came in. I had to go there once to get a kit for a particular varietal that only WE made - I was shocked that WE would rather have those bozos be the 'face' of WE in the D/FW area, rather than work George and his knowledgeable/helpful staff.

Latest posts

Back