Introduction

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great. It's always handy to have a spare person or two to help out. It makes it more fun. I see many more batches of wine in all your futures!

Looks like you are off to a great start....And having fun doing it...That's what it is all about...Enjoy
smiley20.gif

Penny and Mike, welcome to the Forum!!! My neighbor was stationed in Italy for awhile and Amarone was one of the wines he always spoke of.
Bottled and aging as we speak. Looking forward to a wonderful Italian wine in the Fall.

Penny and Mike, what awesome pictures!!! Friends to share the process with and having a good time. That is what it is all about. Salute'

Patience has payed off with great clarity. Good jobe and looks like you had lots of fun doing it. Now, did you taste it?

smiley4.gif
Awww,
Amarone, the wine of the Gods. I do believe and this is my own personal opinion, it is the most wonderful wine in the world. In fact, I have a story about Amarone. While stationed in Italy at Aviano AB we took a trip to Verona for an outside opera; while we were there we strolled through town and found an enoteca (a place to taste and buy wine) so we decided to do some tasting. We started with some average reds, can't remember anything special about them except that the cost per glass was 1,000 lire which equaled about80 cents. Well after a couple of those we found an Amarone and got a tasting of it which was 4,000 lire per glass. That should have been a giveaway. After trying the Amarone, we asked to try another red. The proprietor just looked at us and shook his head. He said "No, you've had the best, there is no going back." And that was it. He refused, and rightly so to go back to anything of lesser stature. We ended up purchasing a bottle and again, I have to say, it is the best wine I have ever put in my mouth. Verona, by the waywas home to Romeo and Juliet and we were able to visit their homes and actually touch a statue of Juliet which was supposed to bring you luck. I guess it worked........ If you need someone to give you an opinion on your amarone, just let me know. I'd love to volunteer for the job.

Now Wade,
What kind of question is that
smiley29.gif
. Of course we had to "TRY" it. And it is actually very good. Even at this young stage. As a matter of fact, we ended up with a partial bottle of which I am enjoying a glass of as I type. I am very pleased with our first attempt and look forward to many more. Thanks to everyone who helped with their knowledge and free advice. Good to be here.

Thats what we want to hear, that you liked it, especially being the 1st batch.

Beauty in a bottle (carboy!) Good wine, good friends, good fun. I don't think life gets much better than this! Cheers!

Benvenuto.. I am also a newbie,working on 3 batches. My wife and I live on Martha's Vineyard MA. We have always wanted to go to Italy. We started learning the language a few months ago, and anticipate a trip within the next two years. I hear it is beautiful.

My wife, 3 sons and I spent 12 amazing days in Italy last summer. Unbelievably beautiful, the ancient and the modern juxtaposed, art everywhere, great food and wine always. That's what really got me motivated to start making my own. I just want to have it around all the time now. Ciao'!

You won't be sorry. Italy has to be the most beautiful place on earth and so much to see. If you have the chance, make sure to go to Assissi. The whole place is just beautiful and the bldgs are all made from the same pink shade of stone. It is one of my favorite places but with over 100,000 points of interest you will be sure to find a favorite place of your own. We were going back this summer for our 25th anniversary but have decided to put it off until the dollar gets stronger against the euro. Enjoy

Oh yes, the food is just superb. We lived in the north in Aviano and the food was so different than what you find in the south but the wine is great no matter where you go. What I found especially interesting is that no matter how small the plot of land, the residents always had grapevines growing to make their own wine or to deposit with the local co-op. I had more fun exploring the vineyards. I would be driving somewhere and see the sign for a winery and take a detour to do a taste test. More times than not, a case would follow me home. I found some wonderful wines that way. Italy has to be heaven on earth......

Latest posts

Back