Introduction

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinolozo

Junior
Reaction score
I guess I neglected to introduce myself when I joined this forum a few weeks ago. Actually, there are two of us, myself (Penny) and my husband(Mike). We are newbies to wine making but not to wine enjoyment. Spent a couple of years in northern Italy where we learned to appreciate good wine and developed a taste for it. Now it seems like a day doesn't go by without consuming the grape. It's a must at dinnertime in our household. We are in Panama City Florida but I hail from Daytona Beach and Mike is another one of you transplanted northerners from WI (Go Packers). We go north every summer so we have to figure out what to do with the many bottles of wine we plan to have bottled when we depart in June. Speaking of living in Italy, if you have never been there, it is a world all wine lovers would appreciate.We have some wonderful tales of Italy that I will share in due time and in another forum. Am glad to be here and glad to have been introduced to this hobby and this site by our friends at Cove Cottage, John and Margaret. Thanks for all the great advice I have already received from so many of you and keep it coming.

Thank you two for the introduction. It gives us a little insight into you and what you like.

Living in Italy sounds wonderful and I bet you have plenty of tales from living there. My wife lived there as a child since her dad was in the Air Force. They had an apartment in a small Italian town and she vividly remember all the stone there. She was too young to appreciate the wine, but did manage to catch a nasty disease playing in a small stream- AKA sewer runoff
smiley36.gif

Again welcome. Enjoy your new hobby and keep sharing your tales with us.

Welcome to the forum. Let us know what you are making. I always love to hear and see what others are doing.

Wehave started with a Vinifera Noble Soave and am on day 12. Will be starting a Shiraz from the same very soon. My challenge will be to let it age the proper amount of time before we start to enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing some stories of your adventures in Italy. Tomy
smiley10.gif

Welcome to the forum look forward to the stories and have fun with your wine making

Welcome aboard to you both (yes , even packer fans
smiley36.gif
) You can always send all your bottles to me for safe keeping as you travel, just doing my part!
smiley20.gif

Welcome to this friendly forum! Don't listen to the MN members of this forum, They just wish they had a professional football team!!! I guess you can guess I am from Wisconsin. This is a great place for information from very friendly people.
smiley20.gif

Welcome to the forum. This is a good place to spend some time each evening. We sure have learned a lot already.

Welcome Vinolozo and we are glad to have any fellow wine makers join us whether new comers to the wine making world or experienced as either or we can always learn something from 1 another and thats what its all about.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you onboard and look fowad to hearing your stories of Italy

It's good to see you here! Go Packers! I have an aunt and uncle down in Florida who go to Wonderful Wisconsin every summer. They are often trying to drive back to Florida as fast as they canto get the sausages, etc that they're bringing back into the freezer, fridge as fast as they can.
smiley4.gif

I look forward to hearing your stories of travel and wine making.

Dare il venvenuto to both of you! (No, I don't speak Italian, but Gina tells me that means welcome
smiley2.gif
) Lots of friendly people and lots of good advice here. Gina and I are newbies, but we're having lots of fun. Today we pitched the yeast on a new Super Tuscan, one of my favorite wines. We're taking a mediterranean cruise this summer with ports of call in Rome, Naples, Venice, Siciliy, and Livorno. We're most excited about Livorno because there we plan tovisit aTuscan wineryin San Gimignano calledFattoriadi Torciano. We also plan to do some wine tasting in Volterra. We would love to hear any stories of your time in Italy or any advice you have for first time visitors.

Ken & Gina

Vinolozo, welcome to the place of wine knowledge, friends and fun.

I had always wanted to be stationed in Italy when I was in the Army.
My neighbor was stationed there and loved it also.

Enjoy the Forum here and let us know what wine you will start with.
smiley36.gif

Welcome, Vinolozo, from another MN member (Go Packers anyway, I wine enough, can't whine about football that much) We are newbies too, but this is a great group to learn from!

Mike is trying his hand at the floor bottler with help from Cove Cottage friends Margaret and Johnny. Fun, fun.

20080311_092229_Mike_posing_wit.jpg
Edited by: Vinolozo

Here we are just about to begin our first bottling with help from our friends John and Margaret of Cove Cottage. I (Penny) am the redheadand Mike is the one with the empty carboy.

20080311_092902_Almost_ready_to.jpg

This is our first batch. It is an Italian Soave and we are extremely pleased with the clarity. 4 Rackings to getto thispoint but worth it.

20080311_094415_How_clean_and_c.jpg

Latest posts

Back