instantly transported back....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g8keeper

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
the other night my gf and i decided to crack open a bottle of cherry wine we brought home last october from our trip to traverse city....as i took that first sip, i was instantly transported back, and reminded of that trip....all the tastes ans aromas we experienced while there were present within that bottle....unbelievable....hoping to go back again this year during the peak of fall season again...there is nothing quite like that place for me at that time of the year....just brings me to wonder, has anyone else has ever brought back any wine they might have bought while away on a vacation, that when they opened it immediately reminded them of their trip?....

I go to all the wineries in CT with my girlfriend every year and I will never forget one bottle in particular. We went to Saltwater Farms in Stonington and I bought a bunch of different bottles that day. We really liked their 2006 Merlot and I bought 2. We drank that bottle for our birthdays (3 days apart) and saved the second one. We went back a few weeks later and found they were sold out. Apparently they had a very low yield for their merlot and only made about 1000 bottles.

I'm still sitting on that one bottle waiting for something really important. Since then I have implemented a "2 Bottle Rule." Anytime I go to a winery and buy a bottle of wine I buy at least 2 bottles. You never know when they will run out again.

Saltwater Farms is really amazing. It's an old exposed heavy timber airplane hangar on the water with the tasting room on the "second floor." You overlook the neatly planted rows of grapes alongside the runway until it drops off into the water. It is without a doubt the most beautiful winery in CT.

I go to all the wineries in CT with my girlfriend every year and I will never forget one bottle in particular. We went to Saltwater Farms in Stonington and I bought a bunch of different bottles that day. We really liked their 2006 Merlot and I bought 2. We drank that bottle for our birthdays (3 days apart) and saved the second one. We went back a few weeks later and found they were sold out. Apparently they had a very low yield for their merlot and only made about 1000 bottles.

I'm still sitting on that one bottle waiting for something really important. Since then I have implemented a "2 Bottle Rule." Anytime I go to a winery and buy a bottle of wine I buy at least 2 bottles. You never know when they will run out again.

Saltwater Farms is really amazing. It's an old exposed heavy timber airplane hangar on the water with the tasting room on the "second floor." You overlook the neatly planted rows of grapes alongside the runway until it drops off into the water. It is without a doubt the most beautiful winery in CT.

sounds awesome joe....i think you know the feeling then that i'm talking about.....smilez....that special place you love to return to again and again that you never get sick of....let me know though when you wind up opening that 2nd bottle, and if it instantly takes you back to your trip...like i said, we are planning on going back to the northern michigan wine country again this year (as i try to do every year), if the old pocket book co-operates....lol...

Ken, I have some cherry wine made from juice from around the Traverse City area. It is a really nice drink with dessert. I made it for my daughter who brought back the juice.

Ken, I have some cherry wine made from juice from around the Traverse City area. It is a really nice drink with dessert. I made it for my daughter who brought back the juice.

was it from sweet or tart cherries, rocky???....after tasting different cherry wines from the area, i definitely have to agree that the tart cherries, even after being made into at least a semi sweet wine, make the best wine....

Latest posts

Back