In my garage..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afew hundred lbs. What do you have, a walk in freezer Jobe?
smiley36.gif

No action shots yet, Waldo! I think I will have to head
to your house or Jobe's! You two seem to have the fruit stashes!

Here is a picture of the new baby!
smiley4.gif

It's beautiful and weighs 147,000 pounds! I hope I remember to move it
from behind my car before I back out! The press would surely win!

Press.jpg

Mark, thanks for alllll those peanuts! There are still a few stuck to it and on the garage floor. It kinda looks like snow with a green grass background!

Did I say it was huge? The ratchet part is at my waist and I'm 5'6!

I love it!

LOL Peanuts??? That's funny, Wade! Can you imagine cleaning that up?? Sheesh!

How about peanut wine. Wonder what that would be like
smiley11.gif

Great looking press Joan. Beats the 'Ole foot press anyday.
smiley36.gif

What does it use for a press plate? Mine works OK, but the screw type doesn't have as much force as the rachet type you've got now
smiley32.gif

jobe05 said:
Ship it here when your done Waldo, I ave a few hundred pounds of fruit in the freezer:  Muscadine, Scuppernong, blackberry, blueberries,peaches, figs and strawberries.  But I suspect that Santa's wife packed Santa's sleigh with a steamer for me, so now it's up to Rudolph to get it here.

Jobe05....You are really going to have fun with your steamer with all those fruits....your only problem will be what to steam first.

Will you steam and preserve the juice or make the wine right away??

I froze my fruits then juiced them as the freezer got full, put the juice in mason jars and now have been making wine...on the 6th batch form those juices...have enough juices left for 6 more bathces...and chokecherries still in the freezer for another batch...having a ball.

I went from scrounging mason jars to having boxes full of empties.

We got another freezer this fall, so next summer I will turn on the old chest freezer and try to fill it up with fruit....

Anxious for 2007 to see what the growing season will produce....Life is good!!!

Merry Christmas Jobe and to all the Forum Members and viewers...

nativity.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

Joan said:

Joan...what a wonderful gift you got...I am sure you will enjoy it...tho I was looking forward to seeing photos you stomp your grapes this past fall...wish you would have done it.

Will you be able to grind apples and put them through that press too????That is what I want someday..in this lifetime.

Hope you take some time off work in 2007 and spend more time making wine and sharing your experiences with all of us.

carolers.gif

Just home from a wonderful dinner of jambalya with some great friends.The 2 bottles of Riesling I brought were perfect with it. I should have brought 2 more! =)

Appleman, the press comes with two blocks with handles and 4 more blocks for spacers.

NW, yes it is a wonderful gift! My son and I had fun putting it together this morning. Yes it will do apples too. For some reason I have no interest in apple wine. I'm not a huge fan of apple juice or cider. Maybe I would like it if it were fermented tho! =) I live in apple country so they would be easy to get year round from farmers.

Take time off work? No way! I'm working on perfect attendence. =)

Joan: You are so lucky to get that press, it's looks wonderfull. You should do apples though, you could come up with your own blend using different types of apples. Based on my experience, I'm not a big apple wine person either, so I'll try my hand at just making hard apple cider.

NW: I would love to steam the fruit ahead of time and put it in jars like you do but I don't have the knowledge,jars or the patience to store it, so I'll just steam what I'm going to ferment at the time.

I tried to make hard cider this year and it came ouy awful although I
had no idea what I was doing. Just threw a little yeast in and put it
in the fridge after 6 days and it tasted horrible and I love cider.
Anybody know where I went wrong.

Latest posts

Back