I'm trying out Jack kellers lemon wine recipe.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how this compares to skeeter pee. Recipe 1: http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques48.asp

I wish the recipe gave more details. I'm making one gallon. I ended up with 18 ounces of lemon juice, a starting SG. of 1.081, and a PH of about 3.0. Do you think I need to make any adjustments? I thought the PH would be lower. I didn't know how big a large lemon is.

This fermented fast (4 days). Last night it was going strong and this morning it was done (SG. 991). It is tasting good so far.

This is also his lime recipe. I have made the lime before and it came out fantastic, one of the best wines I've made. I just started a lime-ginger variation this weekend with D47. However, my pH didn't get that low with the limes. I adjusted down to 3.4 with a little acid blend.

This is also his lime recipe. I have made the lime before and it came out fantastic, one of the best wines I've made. I just started a lime-ginger variation this weekend with D47. However, my pH didn't get that low with the limes. I adjusted down to 3.4 with a little acid blend.

Lime sounds good. I'll have to try this one. Maybe I'll use lemon juice to bring the PH down if it needs it.

Juggernaut,
Looked at the wrong batch notes...I didn't have to add any acid blend to the lime, it was right about where yours was, around 3.0.

Latest posts

Back