I'm tired of winter! Enough already!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! :) my bad news is that the rodents destroyed all my plants both edible and ornamental... They wreaked the same havoc all over my 50 acres!! Freakin dog gone it! I'm outnumbered badly there must be thousands of holes and tunnels just in the areas we have walked! Maybe I better get my weasel a girlfriend or two!!

Last edited:
Got snow today :( but the stuff in the backyard went from 5' high to 2' high this week! Woot!

80F yesterday, 6" of snow tomorrow. When it comes to Colorado, you really do get "three seasons in a day" sometimes.

I used to live in Colorado. I miss it so much.
I lived on the front range. I don't care what anyone says, that's the best of both worlds.
If it snows, it's rarely over 5 or 6 inches and it's always melted in 3 or 4 days.
But I could drive a half hour west and get all the snow I wanted.

I am ready for winter to be gone.
It's hit 90 degrees the last two days here.
I need to get the plants out of my kitchen! The low on monday night is supposed to hit 34, possibly will be adjusted down to 31. So it looks like I'll have to wait another week before truly getting the garden in.

I used to live in Colorado. I miss it so much.
I lived on the front range. I don't care what anyone says, that's the best of both worlds.
If it snows, it's rarely over 5 or 6 inches and it's always melted in 3 or 4 days.
But I could drive a half hour west and get all the snow I wanted.

I am ready for winter to be gone.
It's hit 90 degrees the last two days here.
I need to get the plants out of my kitchen! The low on monday night is supposed to hit 34, possibly will be adjusted down to 31. So it looks like I'll have to wait another week before truly getting the garden in.

I'm with you. I've lived near Morrison for 35 years and love it. I the 70s the last few days and 4-6 inches is an snow today. Be gone by Tuesday. Can have a snowball fight in shorts and a t-shirt. Tis a privilege to live in Colorado.

Beautiful here in Michigan just mowed the fenced in part of the back yard. The grass was not tall but the winter poo piles from the three dogs needed to be dispersed so the kids could get to the swing set. I guess Monday is to be cold and wet

What a nice weekend! was upper 70's / low 80's all weekend. The trees are beginning to bud and the bulb flowers have sprouted.

But now is the time of year that is far worse than the coldest of winter!
Yup, it is here...

POLLEN SEASON!

Making it into the 70's here today, but a bit early for pollen. Got to get rid of the last of the snow first, but it is almost gone. I have begun pruning now, but I am taking it easy now after doing one row today. I think I am coming down with the nasty stomach bug going around.

Back