I'm tired of winter! Enough already!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grapeman

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This winter just seems to drag on over most of the country this year. It contines to be cold, but at least it gets barely above freezing now and again. The last few days we have had small snowfalls which haven't been bad, but still it covers everything in snow again. We are down to about a foot of snow on the ground, but that is half ice. Now we have the ?pleasure? of another major storm headed to the northeast. Here at home we are in the bullseye for 12-18 inches of the white stuff. Enough already. UNCLE :tz:tz:tz

May winter soon :ts

I have declared that I refuse to shovel or snow blow any snow we get on Wed/Thurs.

I am done. It is march.
I have pulled my golf clubs out and my shorts are out of storage.
I have made it an entire winter without wearing a winter coat.
I refused to acknowledge winter during the winter months, I certainly will not do so in March!!!!
:ft :ft :ft :ft
:ft :ft :ft :ft :ft
:ft :ft :ft :ft :ft :ft

Having my niece over for dinner on Saturday. I asked her what she would like, and she said burgers (meaning a cookout).

My deck is completely snow covered and the deck furniture is all "snowed in". Man, a cookout sounds nice, but winter has not quite left us behind yet.

Gonna try and do an "Indoor cookout".

Having my niece over for dinner on Saturday. I asked her what she would like, and she said burgers (meaning a cookout).

My deck is completely snow covered and the deck furniture is all "snowed in". Man, a cookout sounds nice, but winter has not quite left us behind yet.

Gonna try and do an "Indoor cookout".

I still use my grill, atleast once a week. I trek out on my deck, through the snow and grill.
I mean how else are you expected to cook a steak!

I still use my grill, atleast once a week. I trek out on my deck, through the snow and grill.
I mean how else are you expected to cook a steak!

I know that a good steak almost demands to be cooked on the grill, but just try this once...

Pan sear the steak in 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 butter. Sear each side for 2 minutes (spooning the oil/butter over the steak) and finish in a 400 degree oven (15 to 30 minutes depending on size and how you like your steak done). Remove steak and let rest for 5 or 10 minutes (depending on thickness).

So why should you try this?? Here is why. It is the brown bits that are in the pan after you cook the steak. I add some shallots, mushrooms, and a splash of red wine. Let this cook down in a screaming hot pan to reduce. Serve this over the steak. I think you will be amazed at the flavor!

I know that a good steak almost demands to be cooked on the grill, but just try this once...

Pan sear the steak in 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 butter. Sear each side for 2 minutes (spooning the oil/butter over the steak) and finish in a 400 degree oven (15 to 30 minutes depending on size and how you like your steak done). Remove steak and let rest for 5 or 10 minutes (depending on thickness).

So why should you try this?? Here is why. It is the brown bits that are in the pan after you cook the steak. I add some shallots, mushrooms, and a splash of red wine. Let this cook down in a screaming hot pan to reduce. Serve this over the steak. I think you will be amazed at the flavor!

And be sure to serve it with a nice steaming cup of John Tea........ Sorry John I simply could not resist the temptation.:slp

That's it!

Who wants to pitch in with me to send JohnT a massive shipment of juice from the Welches warehouse?

I'll throw in a packet of yeast to get him going. ::::

it was 50 on Monday felt great snow and ice was melting and calling for snow tonight and tomorrow like almost 10 inches love Michigan weather

What a surprise here today. It was supposed to be a high of 35 and it is 50 outside right now- of course there is that foot and a half to 2 feet of snow expected tomorrow................

The grill is that round pot bellied looking thing. We cook over wood.

So today it was 60 and I was able to get a bunch of pruning done on my fruit trees. What a difference a week makes. Course tomorrow it will be sleet and same old same old.

Pam in cinti

Sleeting for the past 2 hrs here, they are talking about an inch or more of ice/sleet, followed by 4-6 inches of snow....wonderful..

No spring in air! Braveheart on TV what else is new. First day of spring to be March 21st hopefully! No clues whatsoever!

Carolyn

Every thing is blooming here now, the doves have paired off, the snow geese have left, we have the first red algae bloom of the season, and seaweed starting to show up, water temps at 60.
Its time to start fishing for some speckled trout.

James,
I'll make you a deal...you send us some sunshine, I'll send you some ice to cool your drinks!
Sounds fair enough to me...LOL!!!!

It certainly could have been worse here at home. Snowfall totals are all over the place in the area. Right here we only got about 10 inches, although it is hard to measure because of the blizzard conditions last evening. I'm fairly protected at home so I don't have the big drifts, but outlying agricultural fields got pretty drifted. Other areas within 40 miles got over 2 feet of snow. I left plowing until this AM when the winds died down to about 10-15 mph. The only problem with that is the temperature was hovering at 0F. Ibglowin I need you up here to stick a fork in it and declare winter over! ROFLMAO over the thought of that!

Latest posts

Back