Im making an apple cider wine and im not sure what my ph should be

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Joe welcome to the forum. I didn't realize you were from the area. Have you entered your wine in any of the local competitions? I have not tried Godfrey's but it has to be better the Ferhmans, who is so famous and way over priced. I also get my cider out your way but unpasteurized. I am able to buy in bulk which also reduces the price. I always make sure to bring a couple bottles tot he farmer later in the spring when it's finished.

Runningwolf said:
Hey Joe welcome to the forum. I didn't realize you were from the area. Have you entered your wine in any of the local competitions? I have not tried Godfrey's but it has to be better the Ferhmans, who is so famous and way over priced. I also get my cider out your way but unpasteurized. I am able to buy in bulk which also reduces the price. I always make sure to bring a couple bottles tot he farmer later in the spring when it's finished.

I just started making wine recently. I live right in Girard. Just kinda learning as I go.

Feel free to ask questions, we'll walk you through it. I'm right down the road. If you want to meet some winemakers in your area and taste some decent wine, go to the Albion fair late Saturday night. It's when everyone picks up there bottles. I guarantee you folks will be bringing glasses and sharing their wine with anyone who wants to taste it. Look for the fellow with bottles labeled Wicked Winery. He'll give you a ton of ideas.

Last edited:
Sweet! I sure do appreciate it. I could literally ask a million questions but I will try and keep it down a little haha. I will try and get down there sat that sounds like a good time.

Runningwolf said:
Feel free to ask questions, we'll walk you through it. I'm right down the road. If you want to meet some winemakers in your area and taste some decent wine, go to the Albion fair late Saturday night. It's when everyone picks up there bottles. I guarantee you folks will be bringing glasses and sharing their wine with anyone who wants to taste it. Look for the fellow with bottles labeled Wicked Winery. He'll give you a ton of ideas.

Ok so I used champagne yeast on this apple cider and its still fermenting after 10 days. Should I just let it work until it stops? It appears to be slowing down now but still working pretty good. I've never used champagne yeast before so I'm a little nervous. It seems to keep all the solids completely suspended in the juice.

Latest posts

Back