Other Ice Wine Recommendation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking for input and recommendations for a killer Ice Wine Kit.

Anybody out there have any experience and thoughts on a good one?

About 6 years ago I made Ice Wine from a kit. Wish I could remember what it was. I do remember it was great!. 2 years ago I made on from fresh juice. Not nearly as good.

Do you have access to any Late Harvest Juice? I made it from Vidal last year (this was my gold medal winner in LA) and Vignoles this year. I think the Vignoles is even better than the Vidal. I got mine from Walkers. A five gallon pail will cost you $77.50 if they have any left. I don't have any idea on the shipping but I know Wade had some Rhubarb shipped to his house. It is very easy to make and you can be drinking it by summer. This same juice is selling for $35-$100 per gallon between here and the finger Lakes.

I saw that one, looks good. I have to use all of George's holiday coupons you know!
smiley4.gif

I've made all the RJS ice wine style kits over the years as well as the Winexpert ones too. Of all of the kits that I've done in ice wine style (not just desert wine styles), The RJS Vidal Ice Wine Style kit is still the best one out there. Very excellent and totally close to all the BC Icewines that are in my area.

I didnt even realize that I posted the same one as VCasey did and Dean speaks of. Just goes to show you we are all on the same page!

Latest posts

Back