I need help!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocky,

Is it a problem with bottles turning over? If so I could suggest a solution. Go to a local grocery store and ask the produce man for one of the black plastic produce crates. They are a foldable crate that will hold 33 to 35 clean bottles, ready for filling with the allinone.

I like bottling, it gives me a sense of accomplishment... and I can drink it :b

Not sure if the stores are set up the same way in the states, but my LHBS also functions as a u-brew site (ie they charge a flat rate to ferment kits for you and you show up only on bottling day). They have large washing/sanitizing machines that can process 30 bottle in about 5-10 minutes. They charge $2.00 per load to wash/sanitize. I go on my lunch and run them through, and then I am ready to bottle using my AIOP that evening. This needless to say has significantly decreased my bottling time...

In Alberta we can make wine and beer at home.

The door says "Danger's Lab - KEEP OUT". Bottling time is my time. I've always been very much the "lone wolf" type, just my nature. Those who want wine know better than to disturb the wine master! :w

My hate lies with cleaning and delabelling bottles. If only wine making didn't involve so much blasted CLEANING! Carboys, tubes, utensiles, measure cups and spoons, stirrers, buckets, pichers, bottles, bottles, bottles!!!

AAAAAAARGGHHHHH! :slp

I love making and bottling.

Back