I need a suggestion for an apple mist wine.....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21234rick

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to make a summer "mist type wine". My wife has told me that I want to make one of the apple flavored wines :D

Should I make the Island Mist Apple or the Orchard Breezin Apple. My local shop sells both.

Which tastes better?

Thanks.

I've tasted the Green Apple Reisling and it was pretty good. It was probably the Island Mist kit - a neighbour had it made at a u-brew. Might want to bump up the starting sg a bit as these kits are only at about 6%

We made the OB Green Apple and the Niagara Mist Green Apple one spring. Tried them side-by-side. Slight difference in taste. My wife preferred one, I preferred the other. A couple of days later (and finishing the two bottles), we couldn't remember who preferred which. They were both good. BTW, both were made according to the instructions.

Pick one, she'll probably like it.

Steve

Last edited:
I prefer the OB kits myself - they seem IMHO a little fuller bodied and fruitier tasting than the IM kits. The OB usually finish around 7.5%+ so are a little stronger also.

just curious why not just make you a good wine from apple juice add a few extras, that way it will be your wine not a kit. I mean all you need is the juice and a good yeast

just curious why not just make you a good wine from apple juice add a few extras, that way it will be your wine not a kit. I mean all you need is the juice and a good yeast

Just plain old apple juice? Or cider? I can get a apple juice from BJ's pretty cheap and it's decent the way it is vs other store brands. Or should I just look up the apple wines under the recipes section?

I thought about making my own, but I know that she wants to be drinknig it ASAP. So I figured a kit would be faster and have less chance of me screwing it up.

hey I was drinking mine before I got it bottled lol

I went with the Island Mist Green Apple Reisling.
Bumped the sg up 10 1.065
Thought it would add a little punch but not make rocket fuel.

I will post a review when it is done.

I went with the Island Mist Green Apple Reisling.
Bumped the sg up 10 1.065
Thought it would add a little punch but not make rocket fuel.

I will post a review when it is done.

I just started this kit also about a month ago. I bumped mine up to 1.080 with 1/2 th F-pac up front and sugar. I sampled a little this past weekend and it was pretty tasty.

My GAR is in the primary bubbling away.
I bumped the sg to 1.70. Was afraid to make rocket fuel. :)

Will update in 5 ti 7 days.

Latest posts

Back