I need a new wine store

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
Whenever we have to buy wine, we have always bought wine from this one store due to his activity he has with his customers. He has always been very good at customer service, and reminds me a lot of George............. Till today, actually the past few months. Every month, he sends out a newsletter via email. I came home to this today:

"Hello Friends!

First a couple of news items:
We're now selling LeBleu water and Coke products by the bottle for you tea-totlers and non-drinkers. If I spelled "totlers" wrong, don't correct me, because I don't care.

We're changing our hours starting next week
Closed Sunday-Tuesday; open Wednesday 2-7; Thursday, 12-7; Friday 12-8; Saturday 10-8. If you are saying to yourself, "dang, Jim is a slacker being closed Sunday-Tuesday", it's just because I'm spending more brain power and time trying to think of more ways we can better entertain you and part youfrom your hard earned cashola."

Now, is it me...... or is that a little rude and crude way to talk to your customers? I don't care for it my self. This is the actual first 2 paragraphs of the news letter, nothing changed at all, nothing taken out of context.

(Thanks for whoever moved this post, and sorry I posted it in the wrong place the first time, wasn't paying attention).Edited by: jobe05

Wow!! How to win friends and influence people!!!!

Sounds like some one crashing or undergoing a major life crisis for such a change in customer interaction.

I have many choices for wine and liquor within a mile of my house. I patronize the place I do, even though they are a little more expensive, because they give a 5% discount to police, fire, military, and civilian employees of them. Yes, I am a Navy employee, but even after the discount it is still a little higher than the place a half mile down the street.

Both places have excellent customer service, and the place I buy at now would never send out an email like that. Their's is very businesslike - here's what the specials are this week.

Maybe the guy just forgot his medication...or he's trying some new medications....Keep us Posted....this guy won't be around long.

jobe I would be sure and let him know your thoughts on his actions. He may have been ill advised by someone in making up the newsletter.

Sounds like he's spending a little too much time in the stock room with a bottle opener/corkscrew.

I would at least give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe there is a real reason, and this was an attempt, although failed, at humor and making light of it? Hard to put emotions in an email/newsletter , so at least find out the real story.

Latest posts

Back