i have a dilemma...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g8keeper

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
ok....here it goes....i have the opportunity to purchase 4 gals of close dated old orchard 100 % juice, 2 bottles of blueberry pomegranate, and 2 bottles of mixed berry, for 2.80 a bottle....if you were in my shoes, would you snatch it up or not???....lol...

I would probably buy it, what is the going price on them?

definitely get it, what's the weight on this? You can make wine from this but don't add any water, actually, lol, the blueberry/pom is so good I would go out and but some more to get you to a 5 gallon batch.

definitely get it, what's the weight on this? You can make wine from this but don't add any water, actually, lol, the blueberry/pom is so good I would go out and but some more to get you to a 5 gallon batch.

well these are gallon jugs for 2.8 a piece....lol...i do want a 5 gallon batch....so yoy think adding 1 gallon of water would dilute it too much??...

well julie, i think i will probably then pick these up on my way out of work....lol...still debating on whether or not i should snag another one at full price....lol....if i do, i'll probably get another blueberry pom....that way it'll be a 3 blue pom and 2 berry blend batch....lol...

g8

Buy another gallon. You'll still have a heck of a deal. As Julie said, the Blueberry/Pomagranate is teriffic all by itself. Adding a gal. of water to a 5 gal. batch means 20% of your mixture will be water. I myself never use any more water than I have to in my wines.

LOUMIK:ft

go out and buy old orchard frozen concentrate, 9 cans, with the two gallons and theses nine cans you can make a very decent 5 gallon batch and you just can't go wrong on the price.

go out and buy old orchard frozen concentrate, 9 cans, with the two gallons and theses nine cans you can make a very decent 5 gallon batch and you just can't go wrong on the price.

lol....well i think this time, i will just grab another gallon of blue pom to go with these 4....the way i see it, the other 2 gallons, being berry, will still compliment the berry of the blue pom, as they also contain blueberry....now, next question....what yeast would you recommend???...i normally with fruit wines, well, lower alcohol fruit wines, have used d47, but have read that montrachet is good for fruit wines as well.....want to retain as much fruit forward flavor and aroma as possible....and yes, i know to f pack it later to bring the fruitiness back as well, but should i go with the d 47, montrachet, or should i go in an entirely different direction with the yeast?...

montrachet is very good for fruit wines as well as Lavlin 1122. 1122 is what I use in my blueberry/pom and the flavor is very fruit forward

montrachet is very good for fruit wines as well as Lavlin 1122. 1122 is what I use in my blueberry/pom and the flavor is very fruit forward

well thank you, julie.....i guess that settles it....considering i prefer lavlin yeasts anyway, i will choose to use the 1122....i just don't know....when i think of red star, i think of bread or all purpose yeast....lol....i got hooked on lavlin back in my days with the brew club....once again, thanks for the recommendation, julie.....:h

Lol you won't get an argument out of me where Lavlin yeasts go, that is pretty much the only yeast I use. Let me know how your blueberry/pom turns out.

i most definitely will....unfortunately the store i work at didn't have anymore current stock left on the shelf, nor apparently do we carry the frozen concentrate, not to mention the fact that the concentrate wouldn't have been a good idea after all, considering i was heading straight to the gym for a workout after work....but i plan on starting it tomorrow after heading to another local store to peruse their selection, as well as head to my lhbs to pick up the yeasty beasties and a few more supplies i am starting to run low on such as b brite and p.m.b.s....

Latest posts

Back