WineXpert I am so pissed off!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay29

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all!

Trying to get a hold of a WE Sonoma Valley Cabernet Crushendo and can't
find any anywhere! ZERO! I wanted one for Christmas from my wife and
now I'm going to get some sort of second rate kit. Damn it.
gun%20blazing.gif
Pissed.gif

I want the best Cabernet grape skin kit made. BAR NONE

Yep they sure are out there but take a look at Cellar Craft's Red Mountain Cab.
Welcome to the forum.
VC

Welcome aboard. I am sorry you can't find what you want. I know FVW doesn't carry WE anymore. There are several wonderful Cabernets that George does carry... one which is the Red Mountain Cabernet. I hesitate to tell you this because it is temporarily out of stock and I don't want to further your disappointment. I hope that you have a good Christmas.
smiley1.gif

To me, nothing compares to a Cabernet. I had a 20 Rows Cabernet that costs $20 and it BLEW MY MIND. I have a Charles Krug Cabernet that went 91 points for Christmas Day.

I have not made it yet but in the last Winemaker magazine the RJS Winery Series Cab was rated the #1 wine kit in the competition. It contains skins.

Yep, the RJS Winery Series is an amazing Cab! I have just under 20 bottles left from my 2007 batch, and it's killer!

Change of plans. I just ordered the Cellar Classic Winery Series Cabernet Sauvignon. Any specific hints to make this really shine?

jay29 said:
Change of plans. I just ordered the Cellar Classic Winery Series Cabernet Sauvignon. Any specific hints to make this really shine?
Besides wait two years before drinking?? Hopefully you won't be pissed off then.

How much oak do you like? You could switch to tubes or spirals.

Steve

Straight from the box it is awesome so like cpfan said, the oly thing I can see changing is adding or subtracting a little oak. I like a lot of oak in my big reds so I did bump up the oak on mine some but like I said I like to chew on my reds. I would also use the fermenting bag that comes with it or a bigger one if you have one. Just make sure to move this garpe pack around during fermentation as the bags included are a tad small so some adjusting so that the grapes on the inside get some exposure.

jay29, welcome to the Forum. The CC Red Mtn Cab is one of the best imho. Have a Merry Christmas!
smiley4.gif

I add about 2oz of Stavin Hungarian Medium Plus toast oak beans when bulk aging. To my palate it adds just the right amount of oak, but not over oaked like a lot of cheaper california cabs that over oak to hide flaws.

If you still want the WE sonoma cab The Beer Nut In Salt Lake City Utah had one on the shelf Saturday.google them for their website I know they will ship kits.

Back