How Much Snow Did You Get Last Week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We haven't had much snow and it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit but I think we are in for a big snow event this month.....just have that feeling!

We got hail the size of marbles this morning (actually covered the road). Sounded like a war zone for about an hour, but by the time I left for work, rain had set in and melted most of it. The rivers are going to full after the rain melts all the snow!

Rain and high winds last two days and snow flurries today!I'm ready for warm weather!

Beautiful this morning, 62 already.
20070303_085319_100_0705_Small.jpg

Just enjoying my epiphyllum cuttings and watching them start to sprout new growth.
27.gif
Ramona

I had a strange weather morning a few days ago and took photos of it The views were spectacular, breathtaking, and eerie to see these low flying clouds over the snow. Here are just a couple.

Pondfogsm.jpg

scurvesm.jpg

That is cool Joan. Old folks used to say "Winter Fog. Freeze a Hog"
Was it real cold or just humid?

I had to take a picture or two this morning of the vines before the snow blew off them. I always think they look nice and snug all tucked in under the snow. Sure not like Ramona's or Waldo's pictures today.

20070303_105309_100_2783_Small.JPG

20070303_105359_100_2785_Small.JPG

Just beautiful, Appleman!!! Waldo and Ramona have no idea what they are missing!

Yes, it was very cold that morning! We'd had a day of rather warm by comparison and the fog just hung there. It was so beautiful it made my heart sing!
smiley4.gif

Joan and apple,
wormapple.gif

Such awsome pictures. You really get to experience each season there. Here there isn't much distinction between each one. Springs is the bestone thoughthen it is pretty much the same.
newmaulwur.gif

Thanks Ramona!
smiley1.gif
You have the best emoticons in town tho! Appleman never looked better!
smiley4.gif

Your apple reminds me of the saying...the only thing worse than biting into an apple and seeing a worm is seeing half a worm!
smiley3.gif

Edited by: Joan

Looks like we aren't the only ones who still have snow....Was chilly this morning here too...was suppose to get to +10*F...it was -2*F for a half an hour before sunrise.....the sun is very powerful...lots of heat coming through the windows..

March is so fickle...bitter cold, blizzard conditions, windy, sunny and bright...then come Wednesday we are suppose to get freezing rain....Kind of a yo-yo for the next month for us.

Don't know how much snow we got last week and this week...but Jim has pushed up some big piles with the tractor loader....

Been fun making the dog go over them to get the Frisbee...gives him a good workout and tires and calms him down a bit....

snowpilesSmall.jpg

That look like the culmunation of all the snow we got over the entire state of Arkansas this winter NW

Joan,
I've heard that one lots and each time my stomach turns....done there and been that!!!

Ramona

Pretty much all my snow is gone, We had terrential down pours yesterday
and temps in the 50's today and the typical flood in our basement from
all the rain and melted snow.
smiley19.gif
1 more month till my basement will not leak any more and I can start finishing it though!
smiley32.gif

Back