Mosti Mondiale How much liquid is in the MM all grape pack?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abefroman

Reaction score
How much liquid is in the MM all grape pack?

It looks like about a gallon, maybe a little less.

The box just says its 4Kilos

Grape pack volume?

Good question,
I also just ordered a Meglioli Barolo with grape pack kit and am wondering if after primary fermentation I'll need to use one of my 6.5 gallon carboys instead of the 6 gallon. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Laura
Tempe, AZ:?

Good question,
I also just ordered a Meglioli Barolo with grape pack kit and am wondering if after primary fermentation I'll need to use one of my 6.5 gallon carboys instead of the 6 gallon. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Laura
Tempe, AZ:?

I ordered one too.

I have 6gal of merlot with the grape pack in primary now, and its going to be over 6gal.

You will likely need to to use the 6.5 gal carboy, or put the excess in a bottle with an airlock.

Or you can just put the access in a magnum or normal wine bottles if you have #3 bungs and extra airlocks. You should get these anyways cause soom=ner or later youll be needing them along with #6.5 bungs that will work in 3 and 4 liter jugs.

I just ordered extra small stoppers and airlocks with the Meglioli kit in case I needed to do a 6 gal + 1/2 gallon to contain the 6 1/2 gallons. But I do also have several 6 1/2 gallon carboys availble. I'm just not that keen to be lifting the 6.5 gallon carboys. I need to look into a pump so I'm not lifting 6.5 gallons.

Last edited:
I just ordered extra small stoppers and airlocks with the Meglioli kit in case I needed to do a 6 gal + 1/2 gallon to contain the 6 1/2 gallons. But I do also have several 6 1/2 gallon carboys availble. I'm just not that keen to be lifting the 6.5 gallon carboys. I need to look into a pump so I'm not lifting 6.5 gallons.

Here's another tip, get a mesh bag for the grape pack. The instructions say to pour it in, but that will make racking a pain.

Also with the mesh bag, you can squeeze it around 1.04 and get out a lot of extra flavor.

Back