How much does it cost to make 5-6gal of pee?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abefroman

Reaction score
How much does it cost to make 5-6gal of pee? Does anyone know the cost per 750ml bottle this comes out to be?

Just for the ingredients, assuming you have all the equipment already.

Water out of the faucet, a few bottles of lemon juice, and sugar...

I could try to figure it out, but its so cheap - why bother? :)

Let's say $9 for lemon juice, $5 for sugar, $1 for yeast. Add another $1 to cover nutrient and energizer.

That makes $16 for a 5g/25 bottle batch, or $.64/bottle. Add 25 x $.14 for corks and you have $.78 per bottle.

Give or take a few pennies here or there.

Let's say $9 for lemon juice, $5 for sugar, $1 for yeast. Add another $1 to cover nutrient and energizer.

That makes $16 for a 5g/25 bottle batch, or $.64/bottle. Add 25 x $.14 for corks and you have $.78 per bottle.

Give or take a few pennies here or there.

So lets say $11 for Juice and $6 for sugar for a 6gal batch, the yeast is free because its from the yeast slurry.

Would make it $17 for 30 bottle, or 0.56 + 0.14 for the cork, or $0.70

So lets say $11 for Juice and $6 for sugar for a 6gal batch, the yeast is free because its from the yeast slurry.

Would make it $17 for 30 bottle, or 0.56 + 0.14 for the cork, or $0.70

OK, let's do!!

I pay $5.70 for lemon juice, $3.65 for sugar, yeast slurry is free, cleaning chemicals and nutrient + energizer + Sparkolloid comes to about $1. Lets throw in 15 cents for the water. I bottle mine in beer bottles and cap them (caps are a penny each); that adds 54 cents for a batch. So my 5 gallons comes out to $11.04. It comes out to 21 cents per beer bottle. (Just for comparison, it comes out to 45 cents per 750ml wine bottle.)

lol, it ain't the cost, its the waitin for it to be done. Get er done, belt down a couple or few bottles and the cost will probably vary. Arne.

Latest posts

Back