How many wines do you make per year?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many batches do you make a year?(Not gallons, but different kinds)

• 1-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-8

• 9-15

• 16-25

• over 25

• Total voters
Martina, Great topic
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif

After we all proudly post how much we make, then we need to poll how much we drink
smiley29.gif

If gallon batches count, I will do between 16-25 in a year, half of those being gallon jug size. But a wine is a wine!

Exactly why I asked the question this way!
smiley2.gif

We don't want anyone getting in trouble with the feds.
smiley36.gif

Between 9 and 15 for me but maybe more this year if you include Mead batches but I always stay under the 200 gallon limit for my household!
smiley4.gif

Actually Scott, I bet you do make sure you're below the legal limit. I bet the ATF is cruising all these sites on a regular basis. On one forum someone posted the question if anyone had any experience with making and using a still, and for some reason NO ONE EVER REPLIED! Imagine that!

We're in the 9-15 range, varying sized batches. I think we're starting a choke cherry tomorrow!

Just had to check my records and i'm in the 16 -25range (17) to be exact.

*note to self- must do more batches next year*
smiley18.gif

Yes there is. 100 gallons per adult in the household. I have also heard 200 gallons for someone like myself and my wife. I don't know if there is a 200 gallon max however.

Jobe05, Yes, there's a 200 gallon limit in the US per household. Almost doesn't seem fair, does it?
smiley19.gif

David, does the UK have a limit?

This is my first year making wine. I've made 7 kits, 2 meads, and 4 fruit wines. And they are all just about gone. Next year I hope to make alot more and hopefully be able to put some away for aging. Wine making has been such a pleasurable hobby and I think it is something I will never give up doing.

And I have to say that being part of the forum has been alot of fun, learning and meeting all of you. Looking forward to next year!!!!!

Ramona

At the rate I am going I would say around 25 kits a year. I am sure this will slow down by the end of next year. I plan to be into scratch made wines by then.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

PolishWineP said:
Be careful, you don't want to exceed the 200 gallon limit!

I figure that would be like 33 kits at 6 gallons a kit. I should be good there. I am not really worried about it as there is no way to really track this plus if I was "raided" I won't have 200 gallons on the premises.
smiley2.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Princess,

Not as far as I know there is no limit to what one is allowed, If there is then I have never heard anyone or seen anything related to it at all.

The main concern our Goverment seems to have is that you don't make the wine with a view to selling it on for profit....

Does it matter if your talking 1 gallon or 6 gallon batches?

I haven't been at it a year yet (my vintner aniversary, March). But, I figure I will do around 15 batches before the end of my year.

Winemaster said:
Princess,

Not as far as I know there is no limit to what one is allowed, If there is then I have never heard anyone or seen anything related to it at all.

The main concern our Goverment seems to have is that you don't make the wine with a view to selling it on for profit....

What about bartering? And I wonder about that in this country too! Hmmm.... I thinkI should look into this. I know for a while the tax man was trying to tax big barters in this country!
smiley7.gif
smiley18.gif
I haven't heard anything about that for quite a while though. But I must look into this! Anyone out there have any info?

Back