How Many 750ml Bottles Do You Drink Per Week?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Many 750ml Bottles Do You Drink Per Week?

• 3-4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5

• NOYDB

• Total voters
pizz65 said:
take it easy Joan....
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Does it count that I gave away 10 bottles on Friday?

I guess it might be bad to say that my wife and I drink 2-3 bottles per day?!?!

Never realized how much we drank until I started making wine and had to clean all the labels off the bottles!!!!;-)

2-3 a day would be what me my wife and daughter drink a day.

Yes I make alot 200 gallons a year. Gotta keep it legal..
smiley2.gif

Never drank a bottle in my 67 years on earth. Undoubtedly at a disadvantage in tasting wine. The last two months I have tasted more wine than in all years I have lived. The 32 gallons that are brewing have plenty of volunteer tasters, however. My daughter is anxiously awaiting the results as is my wife. My score on the first batch of cranberry chianti Breezin was 9 greats out of 10 tasters and that was within a two weeks of bottling with no bulk aging. One taster said she prefered her wine much dryer.

Wife is from Europe & she grew up drinking wine. We always have wine in the afternoon & for dinner. I don't always drink wine with her, but still have the enjoyment of watching her enjoy our hobby.

I'm with Joan. I love making wine and it's a treat to have a glass, but I don't drink very often. Then I find myself looking at all of the gallons of wine and beer in my basement and I think... I need to have a party or something... (maybe a wine tasting? ask people to bring cheese to match a certain wine...)... hmmm...

I was hoping that by making my own wine I could afford to drink more than two or three bottles a week.
smiley20.gif

2-3 a week usually centered around the weekends. Always with dinner. For some reason I fell in love with the Wine/Food combination and never have cared much for drinking wine just to drink wine or any other type of alcohol for that matter.

Brewgrrrl said:
I'm with Joan. I love making wine and it's a treat to have a glass, but I don't drink very often. Then I find myself looking at all of the gallons of wine and beer in my basement and I think... I need to have a party or something... (maybe a wine tasting? ask people to bring cheese to match a certain wine...)... hmmm...
PARTY ??
Just ask and I'm sure many will come to "TASTE" your wine and beer. LOL !

I think Tom's got the idea. "Ask and ye shall receive" Party at Brewgrrrl's!
smiley36.gif

4 oz / day of red wine; that comes out to approximately one 750 ml bottle / week.

My wife and I drink 4 to 5 bottles per week. We always have a glass with dinner and some more afterward.

During the NFL playoffs we have had friends over. Our friends are all wine drinkers. During such times, you can forget about 4 to 5 bottles per week.

I'll have to put us in the 4-5 a week category as well, sometimes more and some times less. I really enjoy it most after dinner when the little tyke is in bed, relaxing with a good book and a glass of wine.

We drink way to much wine, we about 10 bottles a week. But if the kids are in sports then we are better at 4 bottles a week.

My wife and I are probably in the "more than five" category. (Sometines it is so bad, we place some of our empty bottles in the neighbors' re-cycling bins!) These are not vintage wines, but store bought, good price, passable tasting. I have some very good stuffin the cellar for special occasions, mostly Italians like Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile diMontepulciano and somegood Chiantis.I still have about 10 bottles of a wine I made in Rochester about 16 years ago. Believe it or not it is a white from Delaware grapes. We use it mostly for cooking (it tastes like a dry sherry) but I have been playing around with a bottle here an there, adding sweetness and acid just for fun.

Chris_A said:
I'll have to put us in the 4-5 a week category as well, sometimes more and some times less. I really enjoy it most after dinner when the little tyke is in bed, relaxing with a good book and a glass of wine.

I just reread this.................

so it is better after dinner, while the little tyke is in bed relaxing with a book and a glass of wine........................ hmmmmmmmmmmm

What is that little guy going to be doing when he gets all grown up?

Back