WineXpert How long will a kit really last?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildvines

Reaction score
I wanted to order a kit that is on sale but most likely not start it for another month or two or 3. I am still currently making my Eclipse Pinot noir and going to start a cab/merlot next week. Then waiting in the Oregon Pinot LE From WE. I have two primaries and 3 carboys. So bit limited. And making DB with the free carboy and primary. So I just wanted to know what the shelf life really is with a kit.

Here is what I got from RJS Customer Service when I once asked the question of them concerning their kits...

RJ Spagnol's Epirations...

• Vino del Vida and Orchard Breezin’ brands a 24-month expiration from the box date.
  • Grand Cru products have an 18-month expiration.
  • ALL the rest of the wine kits have a 12 month shelf life starting from the box date.

Basically the higher end the kit (less concentrate) the shorter the shelf life. Hope this helps some.

Last edited:
properly stored , away from heat etc, wine kit can have a longer shelf life than a year. The juice is usually ok just need to change out chemical and possibly the yeast if not viable.

I got two kits sitting here 2 years now. Plan to use new yeast and chems. Can't help it, bought them cheap and there's only so much time in the world to do stuff.

Latest posts

Back