How do I use polyclar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeginnerMark

Reaction score
Can someone help me? How do I add polyclar to my red wine? And how soon do I rack it?
Thanks

Follow the directions for its use. It will give you the proper amounts and timing specs. Look up the directio and use sheet. Sometimes the package label is too small for all the directions. I haven't used it in a while so I don't remember specifics, but the website has directions. Google it.

Tried googling it... The directions weren't specific and the label didn't specify any directions all it said is .75 of a tsp per 5 gallons in wine... No time specs or mixing method

Last edited:
So you think it would be OK to put 5 tsp in a 5 gallon batch tonight and rack and bottle on Saturday? According to that Info? I just want to make sure it all settles on the bottom when I rack it and bottle Saturday.

I don't really have a filter but my auto siphon has an anti sediment tip but idk if it will filter the polyclar out because I have a fine powder form.

Haha maybe! No because I think its pretty clear already but I think the 4 days with polyclar would be enough for it to be crystal clear :) what do u think?

@CMason so you think I should put the polyclar and then wait a week or two before bottling? I'm confused

What is the purpose of adding it to the wine? It is not specifically a clearing agent. I think you would be better off without it unless you are trying to correct a fault in the wine which is really it's intended use. I have never seen it get clear after only a few days. You would do better with SuperKleer.

Latest posts

Back