How Cold

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A cool zero today, with strong winds....-15 to -20 windchill...down to -25 tonight.

Yesterday it got up to a balmy +4*F, we went to the lake ice fishing...pretty cozy in our little shanty...no fish to be had....Got to move the shanty next time we go out.Got the GPS going and last years spot located...going to borrow a underwater camera from a Friend and check out the bottom....sitting and looking at weeds for hours sucks!!!

Will Post fish pictures if we ever have a change of luck.

I feel guilty here. The coldest we have seen this year was one morning where it got down to 8 deg. It is upoosed to hit -1 on Wed then go back to the 30's. These are all overnight lows. Of course we are looking at about a foot of snow tonight and tomorrow- but then we've only got about 8 inches so far this winter- normal around here is about 80-100 per year. Not much ice fishing here yet, you would be crazy to go out on the ice even if it existed yet. Some years we have about 20-30 inches of ice by now.

Good luck spearing NW-sounds like fun staring at weeds
smiley6.gif

man you can have that cold weather, It was 72 F here in Alvin Texas .Dandline's are blooming Try to keep warm

Harry

Snow? Ice? what's that stuff?

It hasn't been cold enough here in the mid-atlantic for me to fire up the wood stove this year. I guess we did have frost a couple of mornings this year but, the boys around here haven't stopped fishing for the season. One more month of this and we're into early spring. Crazy winter if winter is what you want to call it.

High of 32 today in Austin, Wintery Mix incoming, 100 accidents on the road this moring on 1/4" of ice,and they didn't close my work =/

What is this crap...Winter coming?
smiley7.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center>
<T>
<TR vAlign=top align=middle>
<TD width="11%">Tonight

nra60.jpg

Rain
Likely
Lo 36°F</TD>
<TD width="11%">Tuesday

sn.jpg

Chance
Flurries
Hi 36°F
down.gif
</TD>
<TD width="11%">Tuesday
Night

nsct.jpg

Partly
Cloudy
Lo 11°F</TD>
<TD width="11%">Wednesday

few.jpg

Mostly
Sunny
Hi 20°F</TD>
<TD width="11%">Wednesday
Night

nskc.jpg

Clear

Lo 8°F</TD>
<TD width="11%">Thursday

skc.jpg

Sunny

Hi 34°F</TD>
<TD width="11%">Thursday
Night

nsn30.jpg

Chance
Snow
Lo 21°F</TD>
<TD width="11%">Friday

sn30.jpg

Chance
Snow
Hi 37°F</TD>
<TD width="11%">Friday
Night

nsn30.jpg

Chance
Snow
Lo 19°F</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Hey Masta, Theyve been saying we were gonna get snow for weeks now and
aint got no snow. Everytime they say flurries the temps go up so let
them keep saying it until Spring! I like my oil level where it is.

We set a record in Raleigh/Durham area today at 74. Yesterday I was down at my placeat the beach and it was 77. Today I cut the grass, cleaned the mailboxand it's white post, worked in the yard, gave the dogs a bath all outside.But we are not real lucky as tomorrow they say it it will drop off to around 45 by late afternoon. Edited by: ScubaDon

We have really had a very warm winter. The coldest day we have had was during the second week of December. Since thenit has been like late spring. Things have start to bud and even a few blooms. I am sure we have some winter coming but it will be a short one but mowing the lawn in the middle of January? This is like being back home in South Mississippi.

It sounds nice here for the next day or so. Currently 5 degrees- wind chill, -12F. This evening and overnight snow flurries with a wind chill advisory for -25 to -35F. Nice over the weekend- up to about 15 each day with only a few snow showers. AHHHHHH Winter is settling in
smiley36.gif

-15 this morning at 7 am. High tomorrow is forecast to be 5-10F. Lows way into the - numbers. Record lows this weekend. Great weekend for winemaking an consumption.

Well I'll kick in the report from Pittsburgh Pa...... Snow, cold. blowing, more snow on the way. But we've been real lucky this year as its been a mild winter, unitl this week that is then winter arrived..

Now where is that groundhog?

UPDATE:

It has been unseasonably warm here the past week. 45 on Tue.....

rgecaprock said:
63 and sunny today after dreary cold rainy days......Spring is in the air!!
a_sonn06.gif
Ramona

"SPRING"??????</font>We are just getting ready for winter....wonder if we will get winter his year?? Probably in March and April when we don't want it...so far it's been above normal and barely enough snow to cover the ground....

The lakes have ice, but no snow on them...the fish are acting strange...they are hiding from us...like they can see us up above through the crystal clear ice, with our spears in hand waiting for them to come in and have a 'look-see' at the decoy........the next thing they see is the frying pan...not doing good at filling the freezer this winter....guess there are always frozen fish sticks....

Latest posts

Back