Homeless winery quality control manager

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dessertmaker

Reaction score
In a large winery, the regular quality control manager died and the director started looking for a new one to hire.

A drunkard with a ragged, dirty homeless look came to apply for the position.

The director of the factory wondered how to send him away. The director figured they'd test him. Obviously he would fail and they could send him away.

They blindfolded him and gave him a glass with a drink. He tried it and said, "It's white wine, a muscat, three years old, grown on a north slope, aged in steel containers. The acid is out of balance and its carrying too much SO2. I'd assume this is a top up wine."

"That's correct", said the boss.

Another glass. "It's red wine, cabernet, eight years old, grown on a south western slope, aged in oak barrels, malolactic fermentation in the barrel, Bacchus strain. Needs more oak, either you bottled young or the barrel is going neutral."

"Correct." The director was astonished. He winked at his secretary to suggest something.

She brought in a glass of urine. The alcoholic tried it.

"It's a blonde, 26 years old, 5 weeks pregnant, its a boy, he was made inside the factory break room. And if you don't give me the job, I'll also identify the father!"

The boss collapsed...

Back