Hippie’s Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geocorn

Vendor
Reaction score
If anyone has any doubt as to the quality of Hippie's wines, you can forget it. Last night, my wife and I drank a bottle of Hippie's '03 Scuppernog and it was OUTSTANDING! Wonderful flavor, body and aroma. We squeezed every last drop out of the bottle. My only question is, "What was the alcohol content?"

Thank you very much, Hippie.

I just dont believe it George...Hippie will have to send me a bottle for personal sampling to convince me
smiley36.gif

Glad you liked it. Only 14%. I am just now starting to learn how to keep the abv down. Most of my wines used to be in the 16-18% range and one was 21%, nonfortified. The Scuppernong is the one I thought needed more aging. I will have to try it again soon. I am getting such a huge variety of wines, it is hard to decide which to drink when. I have good notes.

smiley1.gif

Hippie,

Congratulations!! That was some accolade from George.
smiley20.gif

Reading his post might inspireusto make a fruit wine. This part of <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Florida</st1:place></st1:State> has many vineyards ... Muscadine, Nobles and Carlos grapes. Maybe by next summer we'll feel knowledgeable enough to try a wine from scratch. We can only aspire to make as good as yours!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

When you do, try a mix of as many different varieties as you can get, all bronze colored. Also try a mix of the black ones. Some vineyards south of here have the newer pink varieties. Use them alone.

smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back