Hillbilly Bill from West Virginia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Closest Brew Shop could be the one in Frederick off of 70. I'm sure you're familliar with MD since WV is so small.
Everytime I drive through there I wonder if there will be any mountains left when my kids are grown the way they strip mine coal there.
You'll definitely make better than Ol' Boons just stick with these guys they have a lot to offer knowledge wise. Good luck!

Senior Moment!

Checked the s.g. again today... it is 3.3... duh?

Wow! The pH... what a goofball I can be. I don't know why the pH has dropped back to 3.3, but I am glad that it did. I will have to do some meditating on this one.

Closest Brew Shop to Me

Closest Brew Shop could be the one in Frederick off of 70. I'm sure you're familliar with MD since WV is so small.
Everytime I drive through there I wonder if there will be any mountains left when my kids are grown the way they strip mine coal there.
You'll definitely make better than Ol' Boons just stick with these guys they have a lot to offer knowledge wise. Good luck!

Since they closed the one in Huntington, WV (I think), the closest brew shop is Shriver's Pharmacy in Nelsonville, Ohio. I have already ordered a bunch of my chemicals from their eBay listings, but I found that their ShriversPharmacy.com website has about everything you would need to brew. I am planning to make a trip up there later in the week.
Thanks...

After you adjusted the PH, did you add any acids at all cause raising the TA will lower the PH.

Name Change from Hillbilly Bill to William

Aye..HB whats with the name change? Hope we were'nt too hard on you LOL.

RunningWolf... I am as astonished at the name change as you are! I think I may know what precipitated the change... not sure.
I originally registered to the website as "Bill." When I noticed how many well-known Bill's there were around, out or respect to the Bill's with more seniority than myself, I asked the guys to please change my username. Well, since I already am known as Hillbilly Bill on some other forums, I was very tickled when my username was changed to Hillbilly Bill.
Today, by whom I do not know, (and it doesn't matter) my username was changed to William. Actually, William was one of the options I offered in the original username change request. I guess the request did not get deleted after my username was changed and another moderater or whatever thought this was a new request. Whatever... I will go with whatever name they give me. My name IS William, so ok...
Just remember... I am a Hillbilly... and my nickname is Bill. Let's not get out tail all tied in a knot over this thing... Ha Ha... not funny, huh?
Thanks for the holler...
Bill, Hillbilly Bill, William, Pycho the Syrup Sopper... whatever...

After you adjusted the PH, did you add any acids at all cause raising the TA will lower the PH.

No... buy maybe the Potassium Hydroxide I added became more diffused or assimilated after the stirring and the amount I added didn't really change the pH that much. However... I will tell you that I have to adjust my pH in my hydroponics and I really don't see what caused this to happen. Maybe I'll figure it out... if and when I do, I'll give you a holler.

Xanxer...
All I know about Frederick (or is it it Fredrick) MD is that they had a pretty good Truck Stop with a Motel out back until they closed it. I am a retired truck driver and also a retired school teacher... is that a crazy combo, or what? Take care...
Bill, Hillbilly Bill, William, Billy Goat, Old Goat... whatever...

Negative... and I would not have noticed the pH being back down to 3.3, but I got my Triple Blend in the mail today and I was going to add some to get the pH in the ballpark. I was shocked when it showed 3.3... I have been dealing with pH levels for years. Maybe I drank too much hooch one night and added some acid and can't remember it. Whatever... all is ok now... only problem is that I have to let it settle back out before I can do anything with it. Or... maybe in a few days, after the fermentation stops, I'll add some Bentonite.

Might need a little help here... trying to kill this gallon of cheap Chardonnay(sp?)... wife says, "Well, it came in a glass jug... isn't that what you wanted?" Oh, well.

Back