Hibiscus Wine Yeast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuntrygirl

Junior
Reaction score
This is my 1st time making Hibiscus wine from dehydrated petals. I have searched and watched videos but I'm still unsure of what yeast to use for Hibiscus wine. I'm looking for a very sweet wine with high alcohol content. Thank you for any suggestions.

My first batch of Hibiscus was with Cote des Blancs, after that all batches have been Premier Cuvee. Cote des Blanc only goes to 14% & Premier Cuvee goes to18%

If you think it may make a difference, make two identical batches with the only difference being the yeasts. The different tastes that are created by using different yeasts can be very slight and perceived subjectively. IMO, doing the A - B test is the correct way to go.

My first batch of Hibiscus was with Cote des Blancs, after that all batches have been Premier Cuvee. Cote des Blanc only goes to 14% & Premier Cuvee goes to18%

If you think it may make a difference, make two identical batches with the only difference being the yeasts. The different tastes that are created by using different yeasts can be very slight and perceived subjectively. IMO, doing the A - B test is the correct way to go.
That is an awesome idea to make identical 2 batches. I would have never thought about that. I will do exactly as you have suggested. I will let you know how it turns out. Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate that.

Latest posts

Back