Hi

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum. I know with all of your experience you will be a great addition.

O.K. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to post pictures of my current batches, but apparently I am a computer dunce because I can't get it to work. I found the step by stepinstructions under the "Important Topics" forum and got it right down to the point where all I need to do is hit "post reply". The only problem is that when I do hit that button, my computer just sits there and thinks for about 5 to 10 minutes before logging me off. If you want to see any of these really bad, send me a pm and I'll e-mail them to you. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to live with not having pictures in my posts. Oh well......

Whino, you can use photobucket.com . It's free. You will have to register andupload thepictures you want to post.Then copy and paste the IMG Code to your post. That is how I do it. You will have to leave the picture in photobucket or it will disappear from you post.

100_1555.jpg

Hope this will help you. Good luck!Edited by: swillologist

O.K. I'll give it one more shot.

3 gallon batch of strawberry (just did first racking yesterday so it's now starting the clearing stage)

On the right is one of two gallons of sand cherry.

Behind the sand cherry on the right is an old vine zinfandel

On the left you get a glimpse of a sauvignon blanc.

Here it goes....

DSCF0422.jpg

Woo-Hoo it worked!!

Heres another look at the sauvignon blanc:

DSCF0420.jpg

Here's the other gallon of sand cherry (I held it up against the light so you can see how well it has cleared)

DSCF0426.jpg

Here's a clementine wine (still in secondary fermentation stage, thats the sauvignon blanc, apple and pomegranite behind it)

DSCF0423.jpg

Apple on left, pomegranite on right (still fermenting)

DSCF0421.jpg

Great job whino! I love the look of a white wine when its that crystal clear, it just lets you know you did a great job.

That Sauv Blanc is awesome....just brilliant.

How is your Sand Cherry wine tasting???? We enjoy ours and plan to plant morebushes this spring.

Northern Winos said:

How is your Sand Cherry wine tasting???? We enjoy ours and plan to plant morebushes this spring.

I had some issues with this one. The fermentation stopped at a gravity of 1.010, which is much sweeter than I like (I like my wines DRY). I'm going to wait until the pomegranite and strawberry are done and perhaps until my blueberry is also done (which I haven't started yet) and experiment with some blends until I find something I like. So in the end I guess I'm not going to have just a sand cherry wine after all. It doesn't necessarily taste bad, I just don't care much for sweet wines.

NW,
That is another batch of rhubarb. It is just about at the clearing stage. Everyone tells me the otherbatch was great. We'll see how thisbatch comes out.Edited by: swillologist

whino-wino said:
Northern Winos said:

I had some issues with this one. The fermentation stopped at a gravity of 1.010, which is much sweeter than I like (I like my wines DRY). I'm going to wait until the pomegranite and strawberry are done and perhaps until my blueberry is also done (which I haven't started yet) and experiment with some blends until I find something I like. So in the end I guess I'm not going to have just a sand cherry wine after all. It doesn't necessarily taste bad, I just don't care much for sweet wines.

We like dry wines as well.We made our batch of Sandcherry Wine with some Red Grape Concentrate in it and it is very nice.

It will probably blend well with the blueberry. Years back we had enough blueberries to make a 6 gallon batch of wine,We saved a gallon of 3 wines, Blueberry, Strawberry and Raspberry and blended them [called it Merry Berry] It was very nice, all also had Red Grape Concentrate in them.

The first time we used Sandcherries in a wine we had enough for a batch, but didn't know how it would be, so mixed them with Chokecherries at fermentaion..It turned out really good. The wines we made also had Red Grape Concentrate in them.

Weuse either Red or White WinExpert Grape Concentrate in most of our fruit wines....it sure adds nice color, flavor and body to the fruit wines.

Late to the greetings but I've been out of town and out of internet range - Welcome Whino-wino! We are nearly a neighbor too - we are just north of Brainerd, and making fruit wines too. Your wines in progress sound and look amazing!Glad to see you here...

pelican...Glad to see you made it home....Take care of your 'car-babies'...especially the big one. Edited by: Northern Winos

Latest posts

Back