Here it is! Our first finished batch!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful! Now that's something to be proud of!

Make more! You know you want to!

Congrats!!! When it comes to store bought wine Reisling is by far my favorite as well, I like a nice dessert wine. That looks like some good wine in the pic, makes me want some. Maybe I'll try and make some one day, may ask for a pointer or two since yours turned out so well. Enjoy and make many more bottles.

Great job. It looks awesome. It's nice that your husband is part of your hobby. P.S. There is no cure for the addiction. Bakervinyard

I saw 2011 on the bottle and thought "wow, lot's of patience for a first timer" and remembered I couldn't wait 6 weeks on my first bottles... then saw the original dates too
still a nice job, right?
Mike

I thought the date on the bottle was the year the grapes were harvested, not the bottling date. I am I wrong?

With a kit you never really know when the grapes were harvested. They could blend product from several years together. Its totally a personal thing. Some people use the year it was bottled, others like me use the year the wine actually became wine like a "born on date". Again its up to the winemaker to decide what makes the most sense to him.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the wonderful compliments! Yes, this was made a couple of years ago. We still have 5 bottles left. I drink them sparingly because I don't want to run out! It has aged wonderfully :try

We currently have a Cab Sauv, an apple and a green tomato (I'm a little scared of this one :? ) aging in the carboys, almost ready for bottling. It's been quite the hobby - never an empty carboy and no fruit is ever safe in this house!! :b

sour grapes..your a party pooper....i saw it right away...just thought i would not say anything...lol

Latest posts

Back