Helping Beginner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beginner

Junior
Reaction score
Hello,

Really, I need your help.

I am living in a place where it is difficult to make wine, and following are what I have to make it happing.

11 lb of grapes
1 Ec-1118
Homemade equipment :(

Can you please share with me your experience in very simple way.

Thank you so much

I'm sure you'll get a variety of comments but here's mine. You won't be making a lot of wine from 11 lbs. of grapes and will have a lot of effort, particularly for a first timer. I suggest you start with grape juice rather than grapes to get the basics understood.

I'm sure you'll get a variety of comments but here's mine. You won't be making a lot of wine from 11 lbs. of grapes and will have a lot of effort, particularly for a first timer. I suggest you start with grape juice rather than grapes to get the basics understood.
Thank you so much for passing my post and for this great comment.

I have only one (5g Lavlvin), that is why I am jumping to producing grape wine.

I wonder how much grapes do I need for this amount of yeast and how to start and when to stop.

Iknow it is like mission impossible movie but with your help I am sure that I can do It.

Again, Thank you for your help and passing by my post :).

Rule of thumb, 5 grams of yeast can be used to ferment up to 5-6 gallons of wine. However, you can use it to make smaller batches. Wine is a combination of juice and some water, with the juice coming from grapes or purchased as such. The amount of juice you'll get from grapes can vary greatly, one variable being how good you are at it. Broadly speaking, 80 to 100 lbs. of grapes will produce 5 gallons of juice. Your grapes will get you approx. 1 gallon.

Back