Help! With Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they are! Once you breakthrough the skin. Lol. I've noticed that they haven't been affected too much by our drought. They just keep trucking along nicely.

I am guessing I will have to wait and try to start over next spring....... such a drag that I over-watered and kill my 2 vines.... Still holding out for a miracle that they bud again...

You never know, you might get lucky. The same thing happened to me three years ago sort of. I started my cuttings too late, all died.

im hoping its not to late to plant as i have about 20 darliene and 4 nobles and a carlose muscadine vine cuttings i started this spring that i want to get in the ground. got drip irrigation to set up.

jim

another thought look around for grape vines in peoples yards and stop and ask if you can get some cuttings muscsdines root well with greenwood cuttings. google (starting greewood cuttings)

Last edited:
Good luck jdrum!!! I too have a Carlos and it is doing wonderful. I expect my first full crop this year.

Back