Help with Beer Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s0615353

Reaction score
I have some leftover grains from a sour beer that I am going to be brewing after the holidays. Can anyone think of a beer style or give me extract recipe ideas for this leftover grain bill?

14 oz. Simpsons Black Malt
8 oz. Belgian Special B
4 oz. Dinglemans Aromatic

This may help a little:

Simpsons Black Malt - used in most stouts, porters, and other dark beers, as well as to give color to some Schwarzbier.
Belgian Special B -is very good in brown ales, porter, and doppelbocks. It will impart a heavy caramel taste and is often credited with the raisin-like flavors of some Belgian Abbey ales. Larger percentages (greater than 5%) will contribute a dark brown-black color and fuller body.
Dinglemans Aromatic - will add a strong malt aroma and deep color when used as a specialty malt. A traditional Belgian malt, aromatics are common in malty Belgian beers such as dubbels.

It looks like 2 out of the three are used in porters.

is very good in brown ales, porter, and doppelbocks.

Thanks for the help, I picked up some flaked wheat, hops, amber DME and London Ale yeast to make a frothy Porter/Stout for St. Patty's Day.

Nice! I'm tossing around making either a Centennial IPA clone, or a Hoptimum IPA Clone to add to the inventory, both are very good, once I adjusted the Hop schedule to our personal tastes, and I'll be brewing another Oktoberfest as soon as the yeast arrives, I cannot seem to keep that in stock!

Latest posts

Back