Help Me With My First F-Pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopper

Reaction score
I have a one gallon batch of Frozen Strawberry Wine (Jack Keller's recipe) ready for an F-pack addition. It will be my first, and I need some help
preparing it.

I have a 6 lb bag of the same delicious frozen strawberries I used in the must. And I like sweet wines, but of course I want to add sweetness in increments so I don't overdo it.

I know I need to boil a mixture of strawberries and sugar, but I need help with the ratios and exact procedure.

As always, thanks.

Chopper

I would suggest that you make an F-pack with the Strawberries, cool and add to your wine and than make a simple syrup and add to the wine....maybe add the the flavor and the sweeter in steps....until you find what you like....GOOD LUCK

I would NOT boil the strawberry. Rather "simmer" stiring consistantly. I would start with 3-4# of strawberry. After simmering run it thru a kitchen strainer and add. After adding is when you add the clearing agents. Make sure you k-meta and sorbate BEFORE adding f-pac. I would do the simple syrup just before bottling. You will need to rack at least 2 more times before bottling.

tepe said:
I would NOT boil the strawberry. Rather "simmer" stiring consistantly. I would start with 3-4# of strawberry. After simmering run it thru a kitchen strainer and add. After adding is when you add the clearing agents. Make sure you k-meta and sorbate BEFORE adding f-pac. I would do the simple syrup just before bottling. You will need to rack at least 2 more times before bottling.

tepe,

You mentioned 3-4# of strawberries for the F-pack. My batch size is only 1.5 gallon. Do you think 3-4# of strawberries is the right amount for such a small batch?

Thanks,

Chopper

good point. Shoot for 2#. The more you add the stronger the taste. Strawberry need a little more than other fruits in making a f-pac.

2-3 lbs sounds about right as like Tom siad strawberry needs more then most others.

Latest posts

Back