Hello from Washington

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20110329_123609_DSC04844.JPG

Hi All, New to the forum and relatively new to making wine. The picture above shows the bottle of my first solo grape wine attempt. A Riesling from Yakima Valley Washington that we made for our daughter's wedding.

We're fortunate to live near the vineyards, so we picked the grapes with the bride and groom to be in the fall of 2009, then nurtured them through the process (the grapes and the couple)
smiley1.gif

I currently have a batch of Tempranillo newly bottled and am looking forward to 2011for another shot at Riesling and a try at Syrah (with Viognier if the timing works).

Looking forwardlearning from other home winemakers and sharing.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum, Chris. You'll find all the answers here.

Welcome to the forum. You are a lucky one to live close to the vineyards. I really like Tempranillo. Good luck with it and let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for the welcomes!

I can take credit for taking the photo, and scavanging the blue bottles, but the label design was by the groom. He's a graphic designer by trade so he enjoyed it and had a printer he works with print themon peel back stock.

Welcome neighbor. I am just up the road in Wenatchee. I've just been making kit wine since August 2010 and on the forum for a couple months. some great info here.

I will be spending this weekend at a local winery (Chateau Fare le Pont) for their adopt a vine and in a year or so hope to make wine from grapes like you.

Nice label by the way.
Craig

Hi Craig, yeah, it's amazing how many of the wineries here seem to encourage home winemaking. I guess that's how many of them started themselves and they just enjoy the process. The winery/vineyard where I buy grapes is VineHeart in Prosser. They are great people who are great coaches too for newbies.

Welcome aboard Chris!
20110331_114449_kgo_057.gif

My SWMBO is from Seattle so we get back up there once a year usually in July/August timeframe when it doesn't rain quite as much. So jealous of you guys and all the high quality fruit you have right at your fingertips. I would be in heaven up there making wine from fresh grapes. We hit Tricities/Prosser area last Summer. Dropped a little cash for sure on some great wine.

Once again welcome to the forums!

Chris, next time we are through Prosser we'll have to try out the VineHeart winery. We're always looking for new places to taste. My wife loves Maryhill and we've recently discovered RioVista just north of Chelan. a small winery that makes some excellent wines. On our first visit, they actually put me to work for a few minutes helping tip a bin and invited me to come help with pruning. If I wasn't working 6 day weeks I'd spend my weekends in the vineyards.
Craig

Latest posts

Back