Hello from Texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like you are looking at the same site I am. I cant find the sorbate. Can you?

Never mind, I found it. It is Potassium Sorbate. right?

mjdtexan said:
I see that the yeast comes in packs. Can I acutally order to many? In other words if I order 10 packs, will it go bad in short order?

Most dry yeast are good for about a year. Don't stockpile it thou. When doing kits they all have a yeast that works best so use it.
I would order a pound of Pot-meta for sanitizing, Sorbate,clearing agentsand extra corks

Yes potassium Sorbate

Thanks for the correction on the bulk aging Wade. I was thinking one thing and typing something else.

If you are ordering from FineVineWines, I highly recommend George's kit of supplies for making your own fruit wines :
<table ="maintable" width="100%" align="center" border="2" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><t><tr ="#0033cc"><td width="10%"><div align="center">Part Number</font></td>
<td width="30%"><div align="center">Description</font></td>
<td width="10%"><div align="center">Regular Price</font></td>
<td width="10%"><div align="center">Current Price</font></td>
<td width="10%"><div align="center">Comments</font></td>
<td ="Catalog" width="30%"><div align="center">Action</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="10%">9001 </td>
<td width="30%">

Scratch Ingredients Only Package for Home Wine Makers

All of the ingredients to make 10 gallons of wine from fresh fruit</td>
<td width="10%"><div align="right">$43.99</td>
<td width="10%"><div align="right">$43.99 </td>
<td width="10%">Stocked </td>
<td ="Catalog" width="30%">

Add to Shopping Cart

Add to Wish List

Shipping Cost Estimate</td></tr></t></table>

It has all the necessary chemicals, hydrometer, and an acid test kit along with recipe book and a small how to booklet.

For an acid testing system, start with the acid test kit and maybe add a ph meter if you plan to do dark (red) wines, because the acid test kit relies on a color-change indicator, and on dark wines seeing that color change can be tricky. Using a ph meter, you still use the same stuff in the acid test kit but you can use the ph reading to tell you when the end point is reached instead of relying on a color change alone.

This supplies kit comes with EC1118 yeast, which is a good all purpose (pretty fool proof) yeast that has a neutral flavor profile - meaning it doesn't change or influence the end taste, but ferments quick and clean and has good compact lees.

Latest posts

Back