Hello from sunny So Cal

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardy

Reaction score
I just got into wine making after quite a period of reading up on it. First batch is just a week started. Im really enjoying reading the posts and answers here! There seems to be about a hundred ways to do almost everything and its awesome to know that this place is here to reference!!

Bryan

Welcome bearded one. Lots 'o good folks here. I'm still pretty much kits, apfelwein, skeeter pee and dragon's blood but having a ball. I'm not sure I want to buy commercial wine again.

Bill C.

Bryan, Welcome to WMT. Making wine is a ton of fun. Only thing is that it's addictive. Started with a few kits a year, found this forum then next thing I know I'm making 8- 12 kits a year. Then I bought juice, Then wine from scratch. Now yesterday I bought a used wine press. Lol. Enjoy the obsession. Bakervinyard

Thanks to you all. I really loved the idea of fresh fruit wines and since I have grapes, cherries, apricots and plums growing in my yard I'm gonna give it a good go! I've got about 10lbs of ripe apricots in the freezer and another 5lbs of plums too. Thanks for the encouragement, my lady is already tired of me talking to everyone about it :)

Also I have no clue what skeeter pee or dragon blood is though!!!!

Keep a close look out at your local thrift stores (salvation army, goodwill,ect.) Wife just found a 6gallon carboy $5.

Keep a close look out at your local thrift stores (salvation army, goodwill,ect.) Wife just found a 6gallon carboy $5.

Yeah I have a craigslist search going and have called a few thrift stores.

Welcome Beardy, we need all the So. Cal. Members we can get. You'll be able to get answers on any type of wine you want to make right here. Great sharing people and great resources.
Enjoy
Mike

Welcome Beardy, we need all the So. Cal. Members we can get. You'll be able to get answers on any type of wine you want to make right here. Great sharing people and great resources.
Enjoy
Mike

Where ARE all the SoCal people at?? :)

Latest posts

Back