Hello from San Diego

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pightr

Reaction score
I have been posting on here and completely forgot to go to the introductions. I'm Jayme from SD, CA just getting into wine making. In the middle of making my first wine kit as of right now. I got the Vintner's reserve white zinfandel and it is in the process of clearing right now. Other than that just wanted to post this up since I haven't already. You guys have already helped me out a big amount and I'm sure it wont be the last of it. THE BUG HAS BIT ME HARD!!::

Hey Welcome to the party! As you will soon find out it is an obsession. get those racks built because you'll need plenty of them. Check Ebay and Craigs list for carboys.

I sure hope you are coordinated because you start out with 4 carboys, then you need 10 then 15 now over 20 and you find yourself calculating how you can fit all this wine into the carboys you have without buying anymore. If I clear this one now it should be done by "X" then I can start this next and put it in a 3 gal. and 2 ones etc. etc.

Then your friends say "hey we have some grapes, would you like to press them" and the cycle goes on and on.:)

Truly it's a blast and the end is great. Welcome.

I sure hope you are coordinated because you start out with 4 carboys, then you need 10 then 15 now over 20 and you find yourself calculating how you can fit all this wine into the carboys you have without buying anymore. If I clear this one now it should be done by "X" then I can start this next and put it in a 3 gal. and 2 ones etc. etc.

Then your friends say "hey we have some grapes, would you like to press them" and the cycle goes on and on.:)

Truly it's a blast and the end is great. Welcome.

Haha this has already happened! I have my next kit on the way and am figuring out when this will be done to clear so I can start the other one and be ready in time with a clean carboy for this next batch. This is truly a very fun hobby and I am just starting so I cant wait to see how bad it gets lol

Hey Welcome to the party! As you will soon find out it is an obsession. get those racks built because you'll need plenty of them. Check Ebay and Craigs list for carboys.

Thanks for the ideas of looking on crags list and bay for carboys. I would of never thought to even look there even though I am a avid ebayer! Thanks again for all the welcomes :hug

also look at the local water bottling companies in your area welcome to our neighborhood

Just curious what am I looking into local water bottling companies for?

Sometimes when they switch from glass to plastic carboys the old glass ones go for
pennies on the dollar.:mny:h:h:h:mny

Sometimes when they switch from glass to plastic carboys the old glass ones go for
pennies on the dollar.:mny:h:h:h:mny

Very nice I will definitely check into that!! Just another excuse to get more carboys right :)

Latest posts

Back