Hello From Minnesota

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer

Reaction score
I have been reading the forum for a while and thought I better introduce myself. I work with JWMINNESOTA and he told me about this forum and how it was a great place for information about caring for vines and the art of wine making. I planted 30 vines last spring and plan on planting 30 or more this spring. I figure I have three years to learn a few of the finer points of this craft before I have some grapes to work with. These vines are a test to see if I want to plant an acre or more to contract with local wineries, since there is a great demand for locally grown wine grapes.

The idea of a wine garden has also sparked all kinds of ideas. In addition to the grapes, I plan on planting cherries, blackberries, black currantsand highbush cranberries. I have been makingfruit wines since last summer.

Welcome farmer to a friendly little forum. Glad to have you with us. Create yourself a thread under the Home Vineyards and tell us more. What do you have planted and how many of each. Have you decided on training methods yet and so on. Good idea to make fruit wines also it helps with the learning process that you can transfer to the grapes when you get them.

Of course a digital camera is a requirement, cause everybody likes to see pictures.

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing about your growing experiences.

Welcome Farmer. I'm sure JW has told you that we are picture people....... You need to start a thread in the home vineyard section like Appleman suggested. Appleman is our resident Vineyard go to guy, there isn't much he doesn't know or can't find out for you when you need something...........

What fruit wines have you done?

Edited by: jobe05

I started with strawberry then cherry, wild plum, wild grapes, cranberry- apple, hard apple cider (carbonated in beer bottles) , welch"s concord and a blackberry that is waiting for me. Other then a little tast at racking I have not tried any of them, will open one of the strawberries for Christmas.

I also picked up two kits a WE Selection Original Series White Vinfandeland Island Mist Blackberry Cabernet . I will be starting them soon. I did not know what a wine kit was until I started reading the forum.

Howdy Neighbor...welcome to the Fourm....

Hope we can compare notes with our fruit growing...huge difference tho from the northern to southern part of the state....

This will be fun.

Northen Winos

Iam about an hour southwest of the Twin Cities. A little place called Henderson. How far north are you?

Hi Farmer and welcome to the forum. This is the best, most freindly place on the web. Your home vineyard sounds wounderful.

NW of Bemidji, way up there....Use to live down in the lakes area of Brainerd....got too populated.

Welcome farmer, sounds like you have some nice country wines there. Glad to have you here and please share in our wealth of knowledge all over the winemaking board.

Welcome Farmer,

Looks like one more Minnesotan... hear that George?

Farmer I'm looking forward to hearing of your vinaculture adventures.

BTW, I do know where Henderson is. I am 350 miles almost straight north of you.

Welcome to the forum Farmer...won't be too hard keeping you in my thoughts as i have a Brother-In-Law we call "Farmer"

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be working on the pictures and will start a post on my vineyard soon. I dohave some questions.

What I really like about thisforumis thereal people with real answers and friendlly taboot.

Hi Farmer,

And welcome to this great from. It will soon be 3 years since I have been ejoying all the information and fun and especially all of the wonderful people here. Hope you will be around a long time too !!!

Ramona

Latest posts

Back