Hello from Indiana

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep you need to wait until it is clear. is it in the secondary or is it still fermenting? If it is done fermenting then make sure it is topp up and you can wait as long as it takes. Some wines can take a long time to clear but I believe yours will clear rather quickly. Make sure it is clear before you bottle it otherwise you will have sediment in your bottles

Wecome

Welcome To the Forum....You are right it is additive.

Sterilization is very important to me. I keep 7 or 8 glass gallon jugs filled with a sterilization solution I mix up made up of 1 tsp Potassium Metabisulfite and 1/2 tsp Citric acid per gallon. I fill my carboys before use and let them set for at least a half hour...then rinse. I do the same for bottles..long process but makes me feel better.

All Right!!!!
Kind of neat to have that first batch in the bottle.
I can tell from the photos that you both have that "proud parent" look on your face. Yep, you are hook!!!!

We sure are hooked! I have a second batch clearing now. Have four batches planned between now and spring!!!:D

Congratulations! I bottled my first last May. It's a neat feeling. :try

I'm posting my question here too, in hopes of quick reply.
making skeeter pee, cranberry lime
Alright, so apparently I didn't do enough reading before starting this. I am inverting sugar for my first pee. I only had 14 cups of granulated. However, I have 2 lbs of powdered sugar. Dare I use it? If so, how much? Its on the stove, so quick replies would be appreciated

Did this come from a wine kit? If yes, what brand?
I had a bottle of store bought Blackberry Merlot (Wild Vines), and it was great.
I'd like to make a batch.

Thanks,
Doug

Just found this thread, Welcome aboard. your wine looks very nice, good job.
your not far away at all. I live around Tippy.
glad to see more Hoosiers.

Never mind, I just figured it out...Orchard Breezin!

Reefman, I would recommend it, its very tasty. If you do it though, I would recommend you boost alcohol up a little. Its a little low (8%) for my taste. These guys say they will tell you how!

Back