Hello from GA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Dennis, we are here to help you learn so ask away. Do you have anything going now or know what your going to make?

Welcome Dennis, you came to the right place for advice. This forum is like Wine Makers University. Any questions you have, these are the people to ask. I'll let the veterans figure out who is the principal, etc.
smiley36.gif

Welcome, we joined yesterday and it seems like we have been asking questions non-stop which have been answered very promptly. We just started our first kit yesterday and we are already trying to decide what to make next. Gene & Marcia

Welcome to the forum, after almost a year at it I consider myself a rookie, theres a lot to learn! But its a fun trip!

Ok I have not started yet, trying to figure out which one to get. my wife loves a wine she had last summer, it was a blackberry/merlot medium dry. I would like to find something like this if anybody has seen or heard of it let me know. This fall I will be trying some scuppernaug. I have approx 15 vines of these on my property.

<table ="Catalog" id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td ="table" align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">14860 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5Corchard_breezin2_sm.gif
</td>
<td width="20%">

Blackberry Merlot

Reward
your passion for intense exotic flavours with this garnet coloured red
wine. Colourful tastes of juicy blackberries and ripe currants make
this wine just the thing for warming up an evening with good friends.</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$55.99</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$55.99 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="right">$53.19</td>
<td width="5%">
</td></tr></t></table>
This probably the 1 you want but there are many others just like it, just click on this link below.
Fruit Wines

The Island Mist makes a Blackraspberry Merlot that is very well received by lots of folks in the summer. Add 5 # sugar to these low alcohol wines to bump up to about 11% and it offsets some of the sweetness. Listed as a sweet, but you don't notice it as much with the extra alcohol.

<TABLE =maintable borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=2>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>Item Number</TD>
<TD>HAR003</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Description</TD>
<TD>

Black Raspberry Merlot

Ruby red in colour, this flavourful blend accentuates the qualities that make the Merlot grape varietal so appealing. The aroma and flavours of freshly picked, ripe raspberries merge with the lush richness of berries and fruit that naturally burst from the Merlot grape. Soft, supple and easy drinking - a true treat.

Concentrate and ingredients, equipment sold separately. Makes 30 - 750ml Bottles (6 gallons).

</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Current Price</TD>
<TD>$52.99</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Status</TD>
<TD>Stocked</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Order</TD>
<TD>Order</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Picture</TD>
<TD>
wim_lg.jpg
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Flavor</TD>
<TD>Merlot</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Brand</TD>
<TD>Island Mist</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Manufacturer's Description</TD>
<TD>Ruby red in colour, this flavourful blend accentuates the qualities that make the Merlot grape varietal so appealing. The aroma and flavours of freshly picked, ripe raspberries merge with the lush richness of berries and fruit that naturally burst from the Merlot grape. Soft, supple and easy drinking - a true treat.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Sweetness</TD>
<TD>10</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>F-Pack</TD>
<TD>Y</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Type </TD>
<TD>None </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Intensity </TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Minimum Recomended Aging </TD>
<TD>Immediate</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Wine Peaks At </TD>
<TD>1 Year </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

myway22 said:
Welcome Dennis, you came to the right place for advice. This forum is like Wine Makers University. Any questions you have, these are the people to ask. I'll let the veterans figure out who is the principal, etc.
smiley36.gif
I enjoyed this response!
smiley36.gif
It's notimportant who the principal is, but who the professors are that really counts.
smiley2.gif
I enjoyed college but I never had as much fun as I do here at W.M.U!
smiley36.gif
We may not have a football team or a debate team, but I bet we could find plenty of drinking songs!
smiley3.gif

Appleman, I am in the process of making that Black Raspberry Merlot. When would you add the sugar that you mentioned?

Add it in the beginning if possible keeping a couple quarts of water out. Best to dissolve in a couple quarts of water while heating. Cool before adding to primary. It should be about SG 1.090 or so. Proceed as normal, but don't expect help from manufacturer if problems arise- you will be alone except for us here.

Also plan on everything taking longer such as days till racking into carboy, days till kit is done fermenting and etc.

The only thing that will not take longer will be the drinking of the wine
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back