Hello from Florida

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zember311

Reaction score
Just moved here from Pa, about a year ago. Still trying to figure out why I moved here, but one day at a time
smiley36.gif

I think I have offically added wine making to my on going list of interests that seems to be a calming addition.
smiley2.gif

Don't be surprised if you see me ask off the wall questions or post a pic from time to time of some sort of crazy science fiction experiement while I dive into home wine making.

I am a long time hobbiest of, hydroponics, salt water tanks, fresh water tanks, Radio controlled boats, real boats, board level electronic engineering, digital PIC programming and making ham and cheese sandwhichs
smiley17.gif
And now wine.

There seem to be some great and interesting people on this forum and cant wait to see how time flies by ~

20080106_201720_me.jpg

Kyle

Welcome here Kyle. Have you begun your quest for great wine yet or just reading so far? What equipment do you have to begin with?

That's a varied list of interests you have there. You should have some interesting experiences to share in hte future!

Is that fish in your salt tank?

Welcome to the board!

Psss...Kyle, you moved to Florida because it's much warmer than PA!! I know! I'm in NY!
smiley4.gif

Welcome Kyle. You moved to FL for the great seafood of which your wines will go well with!!

Enjoy the process~
smiley17.gif

Thanks guys ~

Yeah, the warmth and seafood are great by the water, after work in a little tiki bar. That much is great, but St Pete / tampa traffic. It's like being in NY. haha

I have been " tinkering" with the wines, real small scale. First batch was the gallon jug/ballon trick . Just to see if it worked, it did. But I was afraid to drink it.

20080106_180413_S3010023.JPG

Then I made a little one from a 1500ML jug, then tested it out, I was surprised with how well the taste came out, people were shocked to know I made it in that mason jar, So I decided to move up just a little more to gallon jugs with real locks and some small needed toys Umm, i mean tools.
smiley4.gif

So if all goes well ,

well, we all know where it will go from there .
smiley2.gif

20080107_145445_now.JPG

Take care,

Kyle

I just bought that same scale you have leaning there against the wall! haha

Welcome Kyle.

We were a transplant from Syracuse NY to Florida..... and as you are finding, the traffic, the heat..... the CRIME!!!!!!! We didn't like it for long which was unfortunate, it's such a pretty place with great food and plenty of out door activities to do, which is why we moved there, but you get out on the roads and it's suicidal. So we moved to NC and love it!

I like your pics of how you got into making wine, nice and slow..... Patience......... thats important.

welcome Kyle, that area where you have your wine will be to small scale in a short while so start thinkung about where you are gonna start doing this now, trust me.

Wade, Thanks for the warning . haha

I have some ideas of my " future " space, just gonna do a few more bathces, test the waters and if all seems a go and justified, then there's some work to be done in the near future......
smiley2.gif

where in florida?kissimmee here.a mountain man will be disapointed here, but a fisherman, 1100 miles of coastline, i dont know why all the seafood is from china.enjoy it while you can, summer starts in a couple weeks and ends in november.

I lived in Melbourne between 1993 to 1999, did fire service throughout florida, including Kissimmee. How long have you been in Kissimmee? Do you remember it in the 60's? My Aunt use to own a doughnut shop right in Kissimmee till the mid 70's. That was a nice area till............. Well....... everyone moved in! I remember when there were everglades between Kissimmee and Orlando........ Now it's just traffic lights and a small stretch of "Swamp" for Gatorland Zoo...... I grew up in Orlando, out 50 on the east side. Then spent about 6 months out of the year down there after moving back to NY for many years. which is why we decided to move there.

Edited by: jobe05

What's a PWP's favorite wine? "But I wanna moooove to Florrrridaaa!!!!"
smiley36.gif
I guess that Bert and I will have to go out visiting! Welcome to the forum!

hi jobe, i moved to kissimmee in 84 after 2 years of ocala.there were cow pastures within a mile of downtown in every direction.now it seems every cow is within a mile of tall buildings.i've sucked up mild winters for so long i think a chicago winter would kill me now.my spirit at least. the area is more modern than most, 90% was build A.D.(after disney)kissimmee has been good to me, all though my saying is"i never liked this town from theday i came to here."arriving at a state of conciusness downtown after a long night as a mechanical bull operator/ booze consumer.come on down i know were we can get some wine.

Latest posts

Back