Hello, and 1st question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11C_Recon

Junior
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm brand new to the forum,
My name is Paul and I live in Pittsburgh, PA

I have no experience in home brewing, only watched a couple you tube videos and read a little bit from this forum, mostly about the skittles wine, haha.

Got a question
I am planning on making icewine by diamanti
http://www.amazon.com/Diamanti-Specialty-White-Style-29-76-Pound/dp/B002RZ1QBI

Now this kit is for 3 gallons, but I want to make 6 gallons. Can I just buy two kits and combine them? are any of the ingredients redundant to add? or am I safe by just doubling everything. And will the time be the same? or will fermenting take longer because of the amount?

Ant help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. Nice to see one other person from PA here. You will be fine by making two kits. The timing will be about the same but let your hydrometer be your guide. To buy the sixty ice wine bottles you need can cost almost as much as the kits. Keep us posted and keep asking questions, we'll be happy to guide you along the way.

Paul
That is exactly what I would do if I were making two kits. Let us know how it turns out. If you have any questions, just post, there is always help on this forum.

Kevin

Paul:

The description of this kit says that it makes 30 750ml bottles. That's 6 US gallons.

Steve

Paul:

The description of this kit says that it makes 30 750ml bottles. That's 6 US gallons.

Steve
I think the product description is wrong. If you read the 'product reviews below the first person says 'First off, this kit produces 30-375ml bottles of wine, not the advertised 30-750ml bottles of wine.. '

Another product reviews also stated, "I was impressed with the Diamanti White Ice Wine kit, but disappointed that it made only 3 gallons or 15 of the 750 ml. bottles, not the 30 bottles stated. I didn't have a 3 gallon carboy, so I had to purchase one to make the wine. It's not done yet, but it smells like it will be fabulous when ready! "

RR

Hey Rat I missed that part. I just automatically assumed each kit made 30 375ml bottles. If you don't know this, it would be very misleading.

Welcome, Paul of Pittsburg, to your new obsession. It begins now...:a

Oh, how rude of me. Welcome aboard 11C_Recon.

Hey Rat I missed that part. I just automatically assumed each kit made 30 375ml bottles. If you don't know this, it would be very misleading.

Wolf, I would have ordered it assuming it was a 30 750ml kit.

RR

So much help. Thanks a lot guys, I can tell this is going to be an awesome process. And, yes dangerdave, I am feeling an obsession coming on, hopefully this first batch turns out well. I am actually making kit for a friend's wedding as a party favor.

Thanks again, all, for the help

Back