Quantcast

Hello All

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Joel

Junior
Reaction score
I plan on getting back into the wine making hobby and in my search I found this site the other day.
My past interest sprung back when I was in college and wanted to make some cheaper adult beverages so a few 1 1/2 gal container turned into several 5 gal containers. I have tried making (with various success) black and blue, cantaloupe, grape (red and white), hard cider, raspberry, and mead from honey I lucked into from a little side work during college as beekeepers assistant.

I am looking forward to learning more in the set up (wine making location), wine recipes, processing, and bottling techniques.

Have a Good day,

R,

Joel

buzi

Reaction score
Welcome, Joel! Looking forward to sharing experiences and hearing some good stories! It sounds like you may have a few of both!

Rice_Guy

Reaction score
Welcome to WMT!
interesting you have done cider, ,,, last year was my first cyser and am currently debating what I should make from the apple and crab apple from this fall. Opinion?

Joel

Junior
Reaction score
Welcome to WMT!
interesting you have done cider, ,,, last year was my first cyser and am currently debating what I should make from the apple and crab apple from this fall. Opinion?
The last time I made hard cider I used what I could get a hold of, the cheapest apple juice that didn't contain preservatives. I know that is not much help.

Joel

Junior
Reaction score
Welcome, Joel! Looking forward to sharing experiences and hearing some good stories! It sounds like you may have a few of both!
You are not wrong I have many of both. After a few drinks and some good friends the stories tend to come forth.