Has anyone made a Marguis Wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just came into 6 gallons of Marguis Juice freshly pressed. Has anyone else made this wine and how did you finish it? Did you blend or add anything to it?

Well I haven't but I looked this up and by it's description it makes a good wine. Do you have grapes or juice? I would make this a sweet wine, bactsweeten to 1.010 and I don't think I would have the abv higher than 11%

Dan it is a low acid grape here and is rather bland tasting compared to most of the whites I make. I think it would make a dandy juice, but I am not sure of wine made with it. Give it a shot and fill us in how it turns out.

grapeman, thanks for that post, you know when you research things online you get the glory not always the reality. I believe Dan got these grapes free, so when it is free it is always game to make wine out of

Thanks Julie and Rich. Rich, yes it is fresh juice. Julie, that is exactly what I was planning on going for in specific gravity. I understand one winery that uses this grape out west makes it a semi-sweet. Being low in acid might also make it a good candidate for a blender with some of my crabapple that is real high in acid (just thinking out loud).

Thanks Julie and Rich. Rich, yes it is fresh juice. Julie, that is exactly what I was planning on going for in specific gravity. I understand one winery that uses this grape out west makes it a semi-sweet. Being low in acid might also make it a good candidate for a blender with some of my crabapple that is real high in acid (just thinking out loud).

I was thinking of a blender as well, the crabapple souds like a good candidate.

Latest posts

Back