Happy New Year!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sangwitch

Reaction score
I personally don't like to go out on amateur night because of all the road stops and, well, the amateur drinkers behind the wheel. But for all those going out on the town tonight, BE SAFE!
To them and everyone else, have a wonderful New Year's Eve. I hope no one is feeling "under the weather" tomorrow.
smiley11.gif

Staying home with a bottle of Martini & Rossi. Wish I had started some Champagne 6 to 8 months ago! Happy New Year everyone!

We, also, are staying in (never go out on New Years Eve). Happy New Year to all my new "cyber friends" and wine making buddies!! Probably will be drinking a Zinfindel tonight which I unfortunately purchased! (I am sure it will be good, though!)

smiley17.gif

Francie

We are staying in as well, will be drinking early and going to bed early, 2007 will still be here in the morning, I just say good bye to 2006 a few hours earlier than some........

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!Edited by: jobe05

Going into our tavern in our little town tonight [early 6 PM] for their special of Steak and Shrimp..then home for some bubbly.

Cheers to each and everyone of you...

CHAMPAGNEINBUCKET.gif

And for those of you who will be out and about...when your driving....Please drive carefully.....You never know what's around the bend...

winosign.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE WORLD......NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!</font>

Happy New Year to one and all...

Please be safe out there...
smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif

We stay in also. We usually have some snack type hors-d'ouerves(I know-I never learned to spell itright)food during the evening so the kids have someting different for New Years Eve. Cindy worked today so I made the stuff. I guess I got a little carried away AGAIN! We have enough left over for another 20 people.
smiley36.gif
I made chicken wings-5 pounds oughta be enough, 34sweet and sourmeatballs, chili, beans and franks, pizza bites, nachos and bean dip, onion dip and chips, salsa/cheese dip, wrapped weiners with cheese and shrimp with cocktail sauce. We stuffed ourselves- a feat in itself and have about five times as much food left to snack on as the mood strikes.
smiley30.gif
smiley30.gif
smiley30.gif
smiley30.gif
smiley30.gif

We aren't into Champagne so we will just have a nice bottle of Sparkling Ruby Cabernet. We found years ago, the New Year gets here on time whether or not we see it happen!
smiley32.gif

Everyone have a Happy and Prosperous New Year and may Peace prevail.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: appleman

That sounds like our menu! No meat balls or chicken wings but shrimp and cheeses, taquitosand most of the rest -- plus for some reason our kids came up with fried Spam -- cut up cubes on cocktail toothpicks! So that's the big "treat" with their cousins and my sister who are visiting (fyi, Kutya and BMW, from the Flathead. BOY are they in for a shock about Spam when they leave Montana!) The adults are going to stay home and tap one of my "Christmas Whites"
smiley2.gif

Happy and Safe New Year to All!

Oh, my New Year's resolution? I resolve tonot going to give up wine!
smiley36.gif

50 hotwings, celery and bluecheese to go with, cheese, pepperoni and
crackers, mozz sticks for the 4 of us. My wife and I and the two kids,
Im sure the little one wont make it to 12:00 though.

We stay in too, it's not worth itto be out and stopped and thrown in jail !!! New Years Eve is pretty quiet here. We have sausages, pork, sauerkraut, pumpernickel bread, pierogies and blackeyed peas.....all for good luck in the new year. And we have 4 bottles of Champagne....I think some will be for Mimosa's in the morning.....aka "hair of the dog". No, really not planning on drinking that much. Maybe watch a movie, go to bed,and wake up next year......Hope you all havefun, stay safe and best wishes to you all in 2007!!

nytaar99.gif
nytaar98.gif
Ramona
nytaar10.gif

Make More Wine in 2007!!!!Edited by: rgecaprock

Teri and I are staying in tonight too. We are about 30 minutes
from town, so it really is not the greatest of ideas to be out on a
night like this. We just finished making a batch of Barleywine
BonBons. They are a chocolate ganache which has barleywine mixed
in and covered with bittersweet chocolate. They are for a party we are
going to tomorrow. Later we are going to make fondue and
probably hit the hay soon after midnight.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Tom

Edited by: tfries

We will be toasting in the new year here at home also with some very nice ( Thanks to Sang) Ice Wine.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL !!!!

rgecaprock said:
We stay in too, it's not worth itto be out and stopped and thrown in jail !!! New Years Eve is pretty quiet here. We have sausages, pork, sauerkraut, pumpernickel bread, pierogies and blackeyed peas.....all for good luck in the new year. And we have 4 bottles of Champagne....I think some will be for Mimosa's in the morning.....aka "hair of the dog". No, really not planning on drinking that much. Maybe watch a movie, to to bed,and wake up next year......Hope you all havefun, stay safe and best wishes to you all in 2007!!
Hey Ramona! Do you make pierogies or buy them? Love them! Mmmm... That alone could make it worth the drive to Texas!
We don't have any special food, and I'm just drinking some some E-85 (Riesling). Might shake some dice, maybe watch a movie.
A Happy New Year to everyone! And as Waldo's tag line reminds us, It's already tomorrow in Australia!

PWP,

No, I don't make them but Mrs. T's in the frozen section of the grocery store is always ready to pop into boiling water. I've been thinking about trying it myself and want to find a good recipe...if you have one...send it my way.....We have the potato cheese and potato onion one....I boil them then saute in butter and onion and serve with sour cream.......they have become a tradition here on New Years eve. Ramona

We are staying home as well. With Baton Rouge not being able to serve alcohol on Sunday's but it is allowed in our parish, everyone from the Metro is out in our neck of the woods tonight.

We are sitting outside watching the thousands of fireworks going off around us. These people around us spend more than any municipal display. They have been going off constant since dusk.

We are enjoying numerous snack foods like Rotel dip, Crawfish dip. Made a few cheese rolls, pizza, tamales and a few other items. I haven't had any wine tonight but have had a few beers. I do have a bottle of Sicilian Grillo chilling in my wine chiller I got for Christmas. Will pop it open before the New Year hits here.

Happy New Year all. I look forward to sharing another enjoyable year with everyone. Gotta go, the Wife is opening a bottle of Pennsylvania Dutch Eggnog. It is fantastic. Rum, Brandy, Whiskey and creamy smooth nog. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Smurfe
smiley1.gif
Edited by: smurfe

Happy New Year to All! I hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful 2007!

It's been raining here for four days now and we are now just getting our first winter snow (Dec 31). We will stay home, I've put on a pot of chili, watch a good movie, sip on a glass of wine, say good bye to 2006 and will awaken to the new year! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Back