Happy New Year from South GA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneCreek

Reaction score
Happy New year everyone. I found this site about a week or so ago and have read almost everything at least once. I have a lot to learn but have been happily absorbing everything I can so far. There is lots of good advice and threads on here and it seems almost every question I have had about the whole wine making process has been covered numerous times. I received a wine equipment kit for Christmas and have already traveled to my closest home brew shop for all the other needed stuff that it didn't come with. I pitched the yeast in my very first batch of wine (Dave's Dragon Blood) just a few days ago and it seems to be doing great. I already have plans to pick up a few more carboys, in varying sizes, and have plans on starting a few more wines in the very near future. If the weather cooperates, I'll go out picking some Prickly Pears tomorrow and hope to have enough frozen to start a batch next week. I saw a few good threads on that here on this site. I also have plans for Loquat in the coming months from a tree in my backyard and hopefully a nice Dandelion in the summer. Who knows, maybe I'll even try a kit soon. - Dave

Last edited:
Welcome StoneCreek. You will need some other carboys sooner than you think. It is that kind of hobby.

I live about 60 miles south, just east of Lake City.

Happy New Year from the other side of the state!!! It's nice to see another GA boy on the site. If you are up in the Gainesville/Athens area look me up at Chateau Elan Winery and Resort. Welcome to the forum...

Glad to see some fellow Georgians and N. Floridians here. Makes me feel right at home. Firejohn, I might just take you up on that offer. The wife was jsu telling me about this nice winery "up north" that we should visit.

Back