Happy Birthday Admiral

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! Just sitting here thinking about dinner tonight. I am thinking about making an Amarone (based upon the rave reviews on this forum)in the near future. I have never (!) tasted an Amorone. So tonight, I am going to grill a steak, oven roast some red potatoes, saute some asparagas and try a young (that is all I could afford) 2005 Amarone della Valpolicella classico.I will finish dinner with a parmigano reggiano cheese and balsamic vinegar. Perhaps my wife will sing Happy Birthday.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Happy Birthday to The Admiral! Sounds like you have the day all planned out. Please do enjoy yourself immensely. Here's to many, many more!

Happy Birthday Admiral........

And many more. Raise your glasses...............

Have a good one Admiral and many more. I had never tasted Amarone until a couple of nights ago, then I opened a bottle I got from Bert. I'm hooked! Chianti was my favorite wine but It's not in the same league as Amarone. Now I have to splurge on a Mosti Kit!!!

Thanks to all! I believe the sun is over the yard arm and so, a toast to us all. Thanks again.

Happy Birthday Admiral....To a great day today and many more to come...CHEERS

Thank you for all the good wishes. Just finished dinner. The Amorone was great! It was young but after breathing for 3 hours, it began to open up. The alcohol was high (15%) but with a good steak the wine seemed to explode with great raisin flavor. Every sip was like a mouthful. I can hardly wait to taste an older vintage. It was even better with the after dinner Parmesan cheese. The flavor was more smooth but still full bodied.

OK. Recommendations for the best Amarone kit. What do you think?
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back