Greetings to All!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knifemaker

Reaction score
I would like to introduce myself to this incredible group. I'm from Northeast Nebraska, have an incredible wife who supports my endeavors, and two equally incredible daughters, who love to consume the wine that I make. I've been lurking on this forum for a really long time, reading all posts and replies. And I decided that since I'm here reading every post, every day, that I should probably join. I've found that there is an incredible group of people here, with a huge amount of talent and knowledge, and I have learned so much from you all, and I thank you all sincerely. So, here's to many happy wine making adventures! Dale.

Hi and welcome to WMT Dale the Knifemaker! I share not only a love of making my own wine with you, but 3 daughters who like to consume my creations also. Keeps them coming home on holidays, right? :)

Thank you for the welcome Lori! It's no question about getting them to come home or wanting us to visit them, as long as there's going to be a resupply of wine. My future son in law has renamed my Dragons blood. He calls it Daddy's Best! Dale.

Welcome Dale, I think you will be in good company. This is a great place for all sorts of info and "wisdom". I am much more of a browser myself as I can't seem to find time to post but there is a lot of good insight and experience floating around on this site. Happy posting.

berl

Welcome to the forum!

So, how far along are you in your wine making hobby?

Also, are you a custom knife builder? If so, is it a hobby or a business?

Welcome to the forum!

So, how far along are you in your wine making hobby?

Also, are you a custom knife builder? If so, is it a hobby or a business?

Thank you All for the warm welcome, I've been wanting to join for a long time but just never seemed to get around to it!

bkisel, I've been making wine a little over five years, I do mostly fruit wines, everything from mulberry, plum, apple, pear, peach, cherry, to concord. I finally was able to make 10 gal. of Edelweiss, and 5 gal. of Marquette. I have friends who seemed to want to give me grapes :db .

I started making knives in 1985 as a hobby, it took a turn from hobby to business after a segment on CBS Sunday Morning. I did it full time for almost 3 yrs. but both of us being self employed, and having young children, I had to get responsible and get a real job ;) So now it's a hobby again, as well as my newest hobby, Wine making! I like this one about the BEST !!!! Dale.

Hi Dale,
Not a lot of us here from Nebraska. Most have been on and gone, not seen for quite a while. Anyway, I am still here. Maybe sometime if we head up your way will give ya a buzz and we can get together. Same goes if you get down this way. Hope you made it thrut he storms last nite ok. Arne.

Hi Dale,
Not a lot of us here from Nebraska. Most have been on and gone, not seen for quite a while. Anyway, I am still here. Maybe sometime if we head up your way will give ya a buzz and we can get together. Same goes if you get down this way. Hope you made it thrut he storms last nite ok. Arne.

Thanks Arne, I've noticed that there aren't many from Nebraska, we need to work on that. I would love to meet up sometime. I've been reading your posts for a long time, and I think that I could learn quite a few things from you!

The bad storms missed us, there was big hail to the north, and even worse to the south, I feel badly for all of those that were hit, it's quite a bit of damage, but fortunately no one was hurt. Dale.

Latest posts

Back