Greetings from LI.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankieIce

Reaction score
and Happy New Year!

I found this site via Google searches for information on wine making. Needless to say, it has proved most informative. I've read quite a few threads over the last two weeks giving up quite a few hours sleep. :b

My wife and I gave ourselves wine making equipment and an RJS Cellar Classics Sangiovese Merlot kit for Festivus. The Sangiovese is in the secondary and doing nicely. Special thanks to Joeswine for some tips along the way (Great thread there, too).

We also received a Cellar Classics Showcase Amarone kit as a gift. I pitched the yeast on this one @ 1.102 SG on 12/31. Took a reading today and SG was at 1.014. So, it's coming along nicely. :HB

Anyway, we're hooked and we've already pre-ordered an MMM Amarone w/AllGrape Pack. :HB

Cheers...
Frankie

Last edited:
Welcome Frankie. This is a great place to learn and just hang out. I have used some of Joeswine methods and have had great success with his tweaks.

Thank you...

For the warm welcome, everyone.

By the by, that SG on the Cellar Craft Showcase Amarone was 1.102, not 1.120 when I pitched the yeast . :d

And at Day 6 we're already at .998.

:b

Last edited:
Back